You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome II Total War Intro Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » Politics and stuff in Rome II
Bottom
Topic Subject:Politics and stuff in Rome II
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04 July 2012 16:55 EDT (US)         
I saw this in a press release somewhere, and as I love a bit of non-military action this bit caught my eye.
Total War: Rome II will sink players into the dangerous political machinations of Rome's senate, while asking them to struggle with family dilemmas and question the loyalty of 'friends' and allies. Leading the greatest army ever seen into battle will be just one challenge you will face at the head of the world's first superpower.

Will you help forge an empire? Restore the Republic? Or grasp the reins of power for yourself, and assume the hated title of tyrant? Who will you conquer? Who will you betray? Who will you sacrifice?

"How far will you go for Rome?"
Frankly, if they manage to pull it off to the extent of Crusader Kings 2, this will be the best Total War game of all time. Calling it.

How do you think they could make this sort of thing work? Gogogo!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
AuthorReplies:
Earl Scruffles
Legionary
(id: generalscruff)
posted 04 July 2012 18:57 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
IIRC, Shogun 2 had a decisions system. That could be evolved to include political decisions and ramifications beyond the intial stat changes to make it work realistically

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 05 July 2012 07:04 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I doubt it would come near CK2 as the politics is pretty much the point of that game. Just half as close would be fine, something closer to EU:Rome perhaps?

I just hope it's actually fun and not clunky or tedious.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Kilos of Thermon
Legionary
posted 05 July 2012 11:19 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Ooh, an extra challenge. Maybe we will be able to create our own government.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Cattle die, kinsmen die, the self must also die. I know one thing that never dies: the fate of the honored dead. Hávamál, Gestaţáttr, #77.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames