Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » How the AI works
Bottom
Topic Subject:How the AI works
connorsgrandad
Legionary
posted 17 April 2020 12:05 EDT (US)         
I am getting tired of Taking settlements with hardly any facilities, yet other factions have many armies full of troop types they have no facilities to produce.
lose a city to revolt and its filled with troops in 1 turn
could someone explain how the AI works.
connorsgrandad
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 17 April 2020 12:20 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Mostly it waves a magic wand and things are conjured from the earth.

Seriously, though, I assume that the AI recruits units in a central hub of several cities, then has them sent to a meet-up point, sorts them into armies, and sends them out.

We humans have to keep an eye on production queues, population, and a myriad other things on every city, while at the same time developing our strategy and executing. The Lord AI has his strategy handed to him in one of the text files setting up the game- what units he will prefer, what strategy he will follow, and who his targets are. He will mass his units and assault those targets in order. At times, hit an target of opportunity.

I am less sure if the Occupy / Enslave / Exterminate choice is also predetermined. If you are hitting empty shells of cities captured from the Lord AI that he had captured, it could be the buildings you miss are ones he rubbled for cash. After all, the Lord AI does not use front-line recruiting- he has his base back home for that and will need people to populate his cities and units, thus I assume he Enslaves a lot.

Revolts are easier to explain. When a city gets fed up with its rulers, the people flock to the streets and shout bloody murder and switch sides. The new rebel commanders impress the populace into whatever units the city was able to provide before the revolt. Voila, instant army.

I am less sure about all the chevrons they get. That makes little sense to me. Newly-formed units should be rookies, not gold-star veterans.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
connorsgrandad
Legionary
posted 18 April 2020 06:22 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Thank you, Time to make a new plan
connorsgrandad
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 20 April 2020 12:15 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
If I have a city about to go rogue, I either spam peasants or rubble the barracks. Sometimes both, depending on when I think I can get an army there to recapture the city.

It keeps me from having to fight top-line troopies, and costs me only the time of reconstruction.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
connorsgrandad
Legionary
posted 21 April 2020 01:47 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I have a fight back system.
1) Slaves get in the way so if I win and kill 150 I add_money 150. there is lots of valuable weapons and armour left on a battlefield.
2) If I exterminate say 5000 people when I take a region I add 5000 to the population so that at least someone is paying taxes.
connersgrandad.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 21 April 2020 11:33 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Had the emperors of the day that kind of magic, we would all be speaking Latin and the Empire would never have fallen.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames