You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » crashes to desktop after 50 regions captured.
Bottom
Topic Subject:crashes to desktop after 50 regions captured.
renobe
Legionary
posted 26 April 2020 14:15 EDT (US)         
I have posted this problem in the past. I am hoping someone has a answer for the game crashing after the 50th region captured.It did not do this in the past but started a few years ago, I have reloaded the game on many occasions. I am wondering if the problem is an part is because of the victory video for some reason is having problems playing?

[This message has been edited by renobe (edited 04-26-2020 @ 02:19 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 28 April 2020 11:35 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
It could be.

Have you modded your game in any way? Sometimes a mod will corrupt the victory conditions, forcing a crash.

Also, what version are you playing? And are you playing with compatibility modus on?

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
renobe
Legionary
posted 01 May 2020 21:58 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
The game is being played on a win xp and had never had any problems until I installed patch 1.3. I wonder if patch 1.3 & 1.5 came out after XP. The game has been removed many times and on occasion the operating system has been reinstalled. A test I could do would be to reinstall the game in install patch 1.1 and 1.2 only, but this could be very time consuming, plus I would loose the fixes of the later patches.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 04 May 2020 11:48 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
I play on WinXP as well, patch 1,6 (BI) though only 1,5 shows up on the version screen.

Have you patched in the correct order? Sometimes putting 1,3 over 1,5 or so can get whacky.

I think the correct order was 1,2 then 1,3/1,4 then 1,5/1,6. 1,4 and 1,6 are BI patches. They patch RTW to 1,3 and 1,5 respectively, while BI will show 1,4 and 1,6.

Other than that, have you done anything else, like trying to unlock non-playable factions to make them playable? The system is hardcoded to have a max of 20 factions. Making 21 will cause a CTD. I am just not sure when.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames