You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.323 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13  Next Page »
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10 January 2017 23:52 EDT (US)         
Australia: The Land Where Everything IS Trying to Kill You

THATíS right everyone- of course I would do an Australian themed Holy Roman Party. Or should I say HOLY AUSTRALIAN PARTY! Australia is the land of Dangerous Animals, dangerous weather, and dangerous women! Our cemeteries are so full cause everyone is dying to get in them! Itís a land where most of the people believe that centuries of injustice to the aboriginal peoples can be wiped away by a little apology!

Oh, and by the by, Australiaís military record is pretty good too! You would expect people from a land where the weather, women and animals are so dangerous to be pretty decent shots- and hardy! Aussies and New Zealanders paired together in World War One creating one of the worldís most iconic and instantly recognised acronyms- ANZAC. Australia is proud (and very defensive) of its ANZAC tradition- so fine travellers, when you get to Australia donít mention that most of our troops in WW1 were aggressive and violent thieves and brawlers, even though they most certainly were!

Although Australians love to break the rules, these are some that cannot be broken in this thread:

1.Donít be a flamin Galah (look this up if necessary)! No Flaming

2.Trolls were left behind in Europe due to the lack of space on the convict ships. No Trolling

3.Fishing is one of Australiaís prime industries, we just donít like competition. No Baiting

4.We really tire of hearing how we are all descended from convicts- so donít tell us more then once a week! No double posting unless a week has passed

5.Only the golden oldies still love a nice tin of heavily processed meat! No Spam

6.We landed on Australia because we stole rule 6.

7.And then once released we went and stole rule 7.

8.Here in Aussie, a bit of stupidity- like trying to tickle a brown snake, can get you killed. No Stupidity! But the long hot days need a bit of humour to help them pass. Silliness, on the other hand, is allowed

Winners of the Order of Australia:
100: DominicusUltimus
476:
500:
1000:
1066:
1337:
1415:
1500:
1788:
1901:
2000:
2500:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-16-2017 @ 01:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 07 March 2019 12:01 EDT (US)     301 / 323       
Congrats!

Tis a giant leap thou does make, but the rewards if done well are well worth the efforts made now.

I wish thee much success and happiness.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02 April 2019 12:44 EDT (US)     302 / 323       
Also, learn the Fine Art of Compromise.

Life will demand it of you, so be prepared.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 26 April 2019 04:42 EDT (US)     303 / 323       
Late Anzac day appreciation post!

Just kidding, perhaps years ago when i knew less about Australia's history and i myself glorified the Anzacs. These days i am older and wiser on that particular front (doing a PhD in Australian military history will do that to you!)

How is everyone? These halls are eerily silent, sadly i know i am a contributor to said silence.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 28 April 2019 11:58 EDT (US)     304 / 323       
I have been pacing myself so as not to double-post too much.

RealLife really likes to take huge bites out of my time. Keeps me busy, and that makes centuries just fall away....

BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 03 May 2019 15:58 EDT (US)     305 / 323       
It's been 3 1/2 years since my last login, apparently. I decided to drop in in anticipation of the upcoming title, for nostalgia's sake. Also, I got an e-mail yesterday with the same Jerome K. Jerome quote that's in my signature; and it reminded me of old HG. Nice to see a few people still post here.

Congratulations, Eagle!

Wonderful to see you, Pitt.

How're life and the family, Terikel? Please give them my best.

Well, there's an exclamation, a statement and a question. That meets my quota, I suppose. See y'all again in another three years.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 05 May 2019 14:12 EDT (US)     306 / 323       
Well, that gives us a blink of my eye to answer. Threer whole years to formulate a decent response? I'll get right on it.

Mrs Grayhair and the Terikelings are fine. The oldest lives in Norway, the middle now lives in Amseterdam, and the 'lille en' is off to Denmark for a week to brush up on her Viking ways.

Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 19 May 2019 11:33 EDT (US)     307 / 323       
Ah, I seem to have missed Bast.

We had a federal election here the other day. In what seems to be a consistent theme these days, all the opinion polls were totally wrong (even the ones that had called every election correctly for decades). It apparently has something to do with fewer people having landline telephones, making it difficult to get an accurate and representative sample of the population.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 19 May 2019 20:51 EDT (US)     308 / 323       
It sounds like the pollsters need to change their methodology to get a better sample set, or they'll continue to be wrong.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 23 May 2019 11:57 EDT (US)     309 / 323       
Maybe they should try Facebook or Twitter? Aren't they the newfangled replacements for the trusty landline?

I still remember the days where people with notebooks talked to the people on the streets. Beware those on the roads, though- they tend to demand money or your life.

Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 26 May 2019 04:58 EDT (US)     310 / 323       
They do still do that for exit polls outside the polling stations, though I believe they use tablets rather than paper notebooks these days.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 04 June 2019 14:46 EDT (US)     311 / 323       
Tablets? The hammer and chisel in stone kind, or those newfangled things of plastic and glass?

If Moses had one of those up on the mountain, we'd be reading about the 10.000 commandments these days.

Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 06 June 2019 19:17 EDT (US)     312 / 323       
Or the 0 commandments, depending on whether the thing worked.

General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 06 June 2019 21:53 EDT (US)     313 / 323       
Well, if they tried to recharge it...

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 07 June 2019 13:17 EDT (US)     314 / 323       
Or were using Windows on Android...

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 16 June 2019 14:40 EDT (US)     315 / 323       
*obligatory annual post*

ē EDORIX ē
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 18 June 2019 12:45 EDT (US)     316 / 323       
*obligatory welcome back*

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 25 June 2019 12:04 EDT (US)     317 / 323       
Yay! I can post again!

I loved the Straya-Norge match in Women's football. Down to penalties.

Question: What was Sam Kerr aiming at? The Moon? Or a passing bird?

Not that it matters much. I just love watching the girls bounce around the field with ponytails flying and those cute little grunts when they kick the ball. Some are really talented, too. Some men's teams could learn a trick or two about teamwork from watching these games.

Sorry that Straya is going home early, but well done all the same.

Let's see how far Norway, USA, and the Netherlands come before they too go home.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 30 June 2019 12:43 EDT (US)     318 / 323       
A week later. Norway is also on a metal bird heading home after a 3-0 loss to England.

That leaves both USA and the Dutch in the semi-finals, versus England and Sweden.

I do not feel the need to discuss who I wish to win each of these matches. You are all bright people; you can figure it out.

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 06-30-2019 @ 12:43 PM).]

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 30 June 2019 17:11 EDT (US)     319 / 323       
England, right?

Lads, 3KTW is so good. I've been posting some stuff with Dom and a few others on facebook but I couldn't not come back here could I?

Just look at it!. And this is before the blood pack. Maybe I'll come back with some more later?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 06-30-2019 @ 05:13 PM).]

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 06 July 2019 11:01 EDT (US)     320 / 323       
Wowzers, it's been a while since I stopped by. Been keeping the TWH Facebook page alive and sharing a ton of TW3K stuff as EoJ said.

I also started a YouTube channel, which I creatively named after myself, to share videos of a campaign in 3K as Cao Cao. Fair warning that I swear quite a bit in my videos, which if nothing else is entertaining.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 08 July 2019 11:52 EDT (US)     321 / 323       
I swear a bit too while reliving my old adventures through these wonderful recreations.

By Vidar's Silence! By Mjolnir, hit that fool! Gods below, what kind of weak-limber sissy are you? Attack now, you apes- do you want to live forever? I tell you now- you do not. You will have me to deal with for a lot longer!

(That never fails to properly motivate the troops.)

That sort of stuff.

I use some really really awful words at times, too, depending on mood and amount of mead consumed.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 23 July 2019 04:26 EDT (US)     322 / 323       
The above post makes me desirous of a voyage.

Maidens beware, the Vikings shall soon sail again.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 15 August 2019 12:24 EDT (US)     323 / 323       
I have returned. I bore barrels of mead made from the finest honey, meats from the strongest animals, and honey-haired fair maidens from exotic lands.

Now I am sated. The mead is all gone (burp...) and I don't know where. The meat was delicious, but now that is gone too. So are the maidens. I would not put it past them to have drugged the mead, then made off with the meat, leaving me with naugght but fine memories of working up a thirst...

I hope they enjoy the meat as much as I enjoyed the mead.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames