You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Friendly Infantry Thrown Around By Cavalry
Bottom
Topic Subject:Friendly Infantry Thrown Around By Cavalry
jgenard
Legionary
posted 07 September 2019 03:18 EDT (US)         
Hi, I was wondering where/how I could make it so that cavalry units can't pass through friendly infantry formations by severely disrupting them. I really hate the fact it's so easy to manoeuvre the cavalry THROUGH your own army =) It must have something to do with the way chariots are programmed, I just want it to be the same for cavalry.

In the Arthurian Total War mod this is standard for all cavalry, but I can't figure out what to edit in export_descr_unit to make this for my version.

[This message has been edited by jgenard (edited 09-07-2019 @ 03:19 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09 September 2019 12:52 EDT (US)     1 / 1       
In real life I think there were commands that formed the infantry into blocks which allowed cavalry to pass through. I know the Romans did something similar against enemy elephants in one battle. But mostly friendly cavalry was on the flanks and did not have to pass through friendly units to strike a foe.

Alexander the Great, of course, was famous for using his cavalry hammer whereever and whenever- in some battles he struck the Persians from between phalanxes.

How you can program against that, though- I have no idea.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames