Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Skeleton/Animations
posted 21 April 2021 11:41 EDT (US)   
I have a Greek unit that requires over the shoulder spear animation. When at rest the bottom of the spear points up and the top of the spear is pointing down and under the ground. As the fight starts the spear is raised to correct over shoulder position any help appreciated. I'll try to upload the Unit.
Replies:
posted 21 April 2021 12:00 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Doing animations would require a third-party graphics program like 3DS Max or so.

Unfortunately, I do not have that program. But there are tutorials on this site that can help you use it.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 21 April 2021 13:14 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Hi thanks for the quick reply.
Sorry let me try explaining that again.
I don't want to alter the animations, I want to know what skeleton to use. The skeleton tells the animation what stance to take etc
So do you know what skeleton tells the animation to hold the spear over the right shoulder at rest
ie
skeleton fs_slow_spearman, fs_swordsman this didn't work

I uploaded the unit

I promise we'll get there LOL
posted 22 April 2021 10:56 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I thought skeletons told the game which weapons to be holding, and if a horse is applied or not. The game then covers the skeleton with a mesh or skin to provide the image.

I did not know that skeletons affect animations. I thought animations were applied to the skeletons to make them move.

Sorry I cannot help more.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
posted 27 April 2021 13:14 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Hi I found it works well
skeleton fs_o_f_spearman no secondary needed
also worked with
skeleton fs_s1_hoplite, fs_s1_slow_swordsman
not in the original RTW, so had to add them.
Thanks for your time knew we'd get their stay safe

[This message has been edited by Yorkshirerose (edited 04-27-2021 @ 01:14 PM).]

posted 28 April 2021 13:47 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Hooray!

Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Skeleton/Animations
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames