loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: BI Swap Dos - Roster and Game thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 01 March 2012 16:59 EDT (US)   
Hello all!

Schedule:
1-3-12 Faction discussion opens
22-3-12 Faction voting opens. Signup can start here too.

12-4-12 Game commences.

The tribe has spoken - we're the Celts, on Large unit size.

Roster

Warlod Redvig
Xingjianma

Drop in players

Drak
Alex_the_Bold
Thompsoncs

Additional rules (to the following) can also be discussed:
-You have a maximum of 10 turns of gameplay per turn
-Once the save is sent to you, you have 3 days to at least tell us you've received it and are playing, or you will be skipped
-You have up to 7 days to complete your turns. After this time the save shall be forwarded on to someone else. If you advise me prior, this can be extended up to 10 days.
-NO USING PEASANTS AS GARRISON

PROCRASTINATE NOT JAMAIS ARRIERE

[This message has been edited by Drakontos (edited 05-17-2012 @ 05:22 PM).]

Replies:
posted 15 April 2012 06:59 EDT (US)     26 / 71  
MPounders is out for now. Te toca, Redvig!

posted 18 April 2012 15:09 EDT (US)     27 / 71  
Is Medium-Medium the right difficulty??

If it isn't, I'll restart the thing

Am just finishing it now so will be up tomorrow if all goes to my not-so-dependable plan

Redvig
posted 18 April 2012 17:31 EDT (US)     28 / 71  
That should be fine.

posted 19 April 2012 13:50 EDT (US)     29 / 71  
I had been planning to play, but since the discussion started, my gaming computer has died, so I sadly cannot.
posted 19 April 2012 15:15 EDT (US)     30 / 71  
Right here we are

Turn 1

Quinck overview of the map, diplomaat sent south, strong Roman garrison in Eburicum. Training of Spearmen and a charoit is becun in both towns, minor construction started, taxes raised where possible

Turn 2 - 5
Pretty much continuing the above

Turn 6 Fight of some roman ships, the Irish army is shipped over to Scotland, The army in Scotland fights a small rebel army, easy victory although the chariots, though unique, are fragile in melee and only have javalins Easy victory all the same

Turn 7

The now quite big army marches south towards eburicum

Turn 8

Same as above

Turn 9

I lay siege to eburicum, money is becoming to disappear though...

Turn 10

I assault Eburicum, they out gun me so I lose a few men to bow fire, but once the walls are down, the romans collapse quickly

FUN FACT: Hounds of Culaan just love charging at bunched up romans defending a breach in a wall...or Imperial Germanic Bodyguards...or fleeing archers or...you get the idea

Overview-- I may of taken some extra turn in the preperation stage but I wanted to vampture Eburicum early on Money may be an issue and I would say capturing London is a priority but that would unleash the Romano British...I would suggest assaulting Londinium anyway as the Romano-British should be able to beaten with a
reasonable force

Ireland is stable with a small garrison...Scotland is stable with a small garrison...Eburicum needs development as its still small and Roman >:| It also has a large garrison of charions, hounds of both kinds and spearmen

[This message has been edited by Warlod Redvig (edited 04-19-2012 @ 03:18 PM).]

posted 20 April 2012 17:59 EDT (US)     31 / 71  
Nicely done.

Don't forget to send me the save when you're done, so I can pass it on to the next person!

posted 21 April 2012 05:25 EDT (US)     32 / 71  
will get that sorted today :P I hadn't forgotten but exam revision has reared its ugly head...I'll still be able to play though
posted 22 April 2012 18:33 EDT (US)     33 / 71  
...aaand save sent to Xingjianma.

posted 29 April 2012 23:28 EDT (US)     34 / 71  
Xinjianma is done, save sent to Kilos. I might jump in for a round next week, depending how drugged up I am post surgery.

posted 10 May 2012 02:38 EDT (US)     35 / 71  
Sorry I'm a bit late, I've been a bit out of it recovering from an operation a few days ago.

Kilos isn't playing, so now Ianvs has the save - assuming he wishes to play.

posted 11 May 2012 17:44 EDT (US)     36 / 71  
No Ianvs either. Now, I'm not currently mobile enough to go upstairs and find my copy of BI, so I'm out a bit too. Warlod!

posted 12 May 2012 06:29 EDT (US)     37 / 71  
I might be able to take a few turns next weekend, if you still accept sign-ups...

But, I will not be free for more until the 20th of June

email:alexthebold1996@gmail.com

Perhaps I could be a drop-in general...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_bold (edited 05-12-2012 @ 02:25 PM).]

posted 13 May 2012 04:20 EDT (US)     38 / 71  
Sure thing!

posted 17 May 2012 06:43 EDT (US)     39 / 71  
Well Draak, if you could forward me the save today so that I can take a few turns at the weekend, I would be very pleased, as I have a five day break before the exams.

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
posted 17 May 2012 10:04 EDT (US)     40 / 71  
Alex, you in the UK (exams, same here )

Its currently my turn so I'll get it done tonight/ tomorrow for the weekend for you to play if that fits in...
posted 17 May 2012 10:34 EDT (US)     41 / 71  
I sign up as back up player for this swap, for when nobody is available to play
posted 17 May 2012 10:48 EDT (US)     42 / 71  
OK Warlord. Sorry for my being in such a hurry

posted 17 May 2012 14:14 EDT (US)     43 / 71  
Have finished my turn, heres a quick overview

Turns 1-3, We have coffers overflowig with Gold from Xing's conquests so I begin building up our cities. Some recruiting done here and there, mainly hounds of Culaan, I freakin love them A small wre stack assault our besieging stack of 2 warlords and a scottii chariot, The 1st roman stack (they had reinforcements from the city) crumble in seconds after hit and run attacks with only 1 loss to us. The reinforce ments are just as easy although our Chariotas are decimated Heroic Victory

Turns 4-6
A ceasfire declared with the Saxons, WRE and Trade rights granted to Burgundi, WRE, Saxons and the ERE. Franks are looknig scary though...

Turns 7-9
The franks lay siege to our nearest city, the saxons are hovering around Calais. I attack the Franks, who have a army of levies and archers...and 5 Paladin Bosyguards, the army consists of 3 Hounds and various othe warriors, the Frankish shieldwall holds strong, for less than a second before the Hounds rage in their ranks and catch the Paladins standing still a heroic victory, although the Spearmen suffer losses.

Turn 10
Saxons sail to londinium, I assault them and get destroyed, completely overestimated the morale of pictish spearmen and as our inf line collaspes, I pulled back with what I had left

I also assaulted the frankish capital and yet again...get decimated. Levy spearmen held the gate at the berzerkers just ran past them, into the towers and got distracted by the archers, although I wipe out the enemy inf, the enemy had 2 Paladin bodyguards in reserve who proved decisive as my main anti cav units were stuck fighting some unit in the wrong part of the city...

2 Heroic Victories and 2 cities captures, we have x3 more money and oter than the 2 rather badly played battles on my half, all looks good

So Alex, Londinium is under siege but the Franks, although Victorious, have lost 90% of their family and army and should be easy pickings, the hordes are as yet unseen although the huns head south to Greece

May the Gods give you strength in your reign and may the Celts rule this world once more...

It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another - Lucretius
posted 17 May 2012 14:21 EDT (US)     44 / 71  
Awesome Warlord

I hope I can do as well as you did...

posted 17 May 2012 17:23 EDT (US)     45 / 71  
I, uh... need the save before I can send it on to Alex the Bold. Just so you know.

*EDIT* But congrats. The losses just make things more interesting - and happen to the best of us anyway.

God knows the empire is going to shrink should I take a swing at it.

[This message has been edited by Drakontos (edited 05-17-2012 @ 05:25 PM).]

posted 18 May 2012 03:03 EDT (US)     46 / 71  
Don't worry, I know about the save, it shall be sent in the hour ... its just this pc is different to the one with RTW so its a hassle to get the sove on it to wmail it to you :P

It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another - Lucretius
posted 19 May 2012 01:45 EDT (US)     47 / 71  
Have you received the save Draak, so as to send it to me?

posted 19 May 2012 03:28 EDT (US)     48 / 71  
I haven't, no...

posted 19 May 2012 04:46 EDT (US)     49 / 71  
hmm....maybe it didn't send properly or something :/, I'll send it again

EDIT Save Sent

[This message has been edited by Warlod Redvig (edited 05-19-2012 @ 06:04 PM).]

posted 20 May 2012 04:14 EDT (US)     50 / 71  
Forwarded on to Alex. Apologies for the delays, I hope it isn't too late.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » BI Swap Dos - Roster and Game thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames