You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Shogun 2 Swap Game Anyone?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07 June 2012 00:02 EDT (US)   
Rome and Medieval 2 both have own community binders, so why not Shogun 2 I say. So would anyone per chance be interested in participating in a Shogun 2 swap game? Of which the particular campaign and clan played would be decided by community consensus (voting).

So hopefully with a bit of luck we might be able to get something rolling.

Edit #1:
Swap Game Player Roster:
  • Scipii
  • srlj3721
  • Enemy of Jupitor
  • Scenter102

Possible Future Players:
  • BastWorshiper (Technical Issue)

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 08-15-2012 @ 05:21 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 12 July 2012 23:28 EDT (US)     26 / 53  
    While I was going to begin the campaign with the agreed settings and save it at turn one to e-mail to Srlj3721 it would appear that my Shogun 2 is encountering some technical difficulties since a recent update it downloaded on Steam.

So Srlj3721 feel free to begin a campaign as the Takeda on Hard Difficulty when you are ready. Then once you are done e-mail the save to me, which I suppose I shall need to explain (for XP? or Vista/Win7?).
    posted 12 July 2012 23:45 EDT (US)     27 / 53  
    i shall begin you shall have it soon

i think the laptop im on has windows 7 and as you said you will have to explain(please)

one possible way this can happen is add me on steam i am The Laughing Reaper

i begin

turn 1

construction improved irragtion
    recruitment 1 yari ashigaru 1 bow ashiguru

there is an emeny army on the border i will ambush it as it comes to take Kai
    i send my army to an ambush postion and move takada shigen from the capital to the army

Battle
    the ambush begins
    my army consists of 2 generals 1 yari samurai 1 yari ashigaru 1 bow ashigaru and one light cav I order the murakami of 1 light cav (general) 1 bow ashigaru and 2 yari ashigaru
    I order my light cav to attack the archers my yari units to attack their yari and my archer to stand off a bit protected by my generals

the murakami seeing my army rushing forwards try’s to run to a nearby hill they leave an archer unit to delay me I charge all my cav forward and shatter the archers and proceed to ride to attack the retreating spear men the 1 unit turns to attack my cav I run away and bring forward my own spears to fight the enemy yari by moving the rest of the army back the light cav general flanks my spears but my generals and light cav flank them routing the general the enemy spears rush into the fray but are quickly routed and victory is mine

Turn 2
    buildings-level 2 roads
    recruitment-none

there is an murakami army on the borer I move the newly trained units to my first army and wait in ambush

turn 3
    buildings- natural horses level 2
    recruitment -none
    research- chi
    the murakami army moves back to their province and I move my army in pursuit

turn 4
    buildings- stables level 2
    recruitment-1 yari ashigaru

I besiege the murakami province of north shinano and wait because they will surely sally forth

they sally forth! I fight a short battle wherein I shelter on a hill and crush the foolish foes who climb it

turn 5
    research- stragey of attack

Useghi declares war on us we the Imagawa grant us help
    train a unit of yari ashigaru at N. Shinano and Kai

turn 6
    anejokoji(I think) declare war on us
    I march the army from N. Shinano to Hido to the west and capture it unopposed(apart from samurai retainers)
    I repair buildings

turn 7
    some moving of troops in our lands

thats all nothing exiciting just preparation

my recommendations-finish war with the anejokoji and uesighi attack kiso train armies

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIPeGN7CPQ

[This message has been edited by srlj3721 (edited 07-13-2012 @ 04:54 AM).]

posted 13 July 2012 06:33 EDT (US)     28 / 53  
    Alright for Vista/Win 7 you will want to go to your user folder, you know the one with My Documents, My Music, My Pictures and all that? If it doubt open My Documents and go back a directory.

Then press ALT, go to the Tools menu, open Folder Options, switch the Folder Options window to the View tab, find Hidden Files and Folders, switch to Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. From there go back to the User folder window and you should see a previously hidden folder called AppData. Open AppData, Roaming, The Creative Assembly, Shogun 2 and then the Save_Games folder and located there should be your save games.

Depending on what you saved the campaign as it should show up in the folder under that name, so say I save a campaign as Satsuma it should show up in the save games folder as Satsuma.save. Basically copy and paste that somewhere easier to navigate to and attach it to an e-mail, you may need to zip/rar/7zip it first, and the rest is simply e-mailing it.

Then optionally, reset the Hidden Files and Folder option to its previous option and everything will be back to normal. Then when you receive the save you basically follow the same steps to get to the Save_Game folder but instead copy and paste the new save game in to the Save_game folder for Shogun 2.

All good? Anyhow e-mail the save game to scipii(at)heavengames(dot)com and I shall pass it on to the next player.

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 07-13-2012 @ 06:37 AM).]

posted 13 July 2012 08:06 EDT (US)     29 / 53  
    save sent to scipii

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    posted 13 July 2012 10:30 EDT (US)     30 / 53  
    Thy messenger hath been sent to dispatch the save to the honourable EoJ, may Bishamonten watch over his warrior spirit and grant us honour through victory.
    posted 16 July 2012 17:15 EDT (US)     31 / 53  
    My lords, I am honored to steward the faction for my short allotted time. This account is the bare bones, the admin so to speak. I shall expand on events hopefully in more detail.

Turn 1- Alliance- Kiso
    Takeda Nobukado (17, the big D's brother) is Finance Minister
    Two Ashigaru yari units are set to be recruited.

2- T.N is appointed to move north with the small army that's been gathering there to link up with the rest. Two more Yari Ashigaru units are recruited to safeguard Kai, the capital. Also in the capital, a sword school has started work after the fortress was upgraded.
    Way of attack was completed, Todofuken is now being studied (economic tech).
    Ninja moved north, and finds big Anegakoji (northern enemies) army. Attempts to sabotage fail. The big D pulls back leaving the northern city of Hidke undefended for the Anegakoji to attack, so we don't have any losses.

3- Anegakoji don't take the bait. There are riots in Hidke so the big D moves back in, with some reinforcements from North Shinamo.
    In an event presented to us, we could choose between Civil and Military focus. I chose Civil.
    The southern Hojo have expanded, killing a clan we were trading with. We're still on good terms with them though.
    Come the Anegakoji turn, they assult Hidke. 1133 vs 1725, including their big D and their heir. The infantry held the walls and the big D sallied by himself, taking out bow Ashigaru, inspiring terror before they reached the walls, and in the end game caught both generals on foot preparing to launch a last attack. He killed both of them.
    439 men lost, 1190 killed.

4- Thanks to the previous turn's event, another tech has been researched already. I now research Tax Reform.
    Threat of attack from Hojo- 1x Yari Ashigaru, 1x Katana infantry recruited in response.
    Our big D hunts down the last of the Anegakoji- 912 vs 376, we lost 103, killed 376. Big D levels up, cavalry units now have +2 charge and can do the wedge.
    S.N moves to Hidke with Big D to prepare for assult on Anegakoji lands.
    Roads are being improved on in N. Sumano.

In their turn, the Hojo declare war. The Kiso join our side but the Imagawa don't. The Hojo camp on our lands with a decent half stack.

5- S.N heads to Etchu to take over the Anegakoji lands, suffering winter attrition after this turn too.
    Everyone else in the Hidka garrison, including the big D, head on south to meet the Hojo.
    We're too late to stop the Hojo taking Kai- they have Fire bombers, too, and the 674 men in Kai are wiped out against the 1251 Hojo, taking only 66 with them.

6- Our economy's struggling due to loss of the capital. An mission is issued to take Izu, Hojo's capital, in retaliation. That is the objective for the rest of my stewardship, though I doubt I'll get it in 4 or less turns.
    S.N assults Etchu- 703 v 345, takes it with losses of 113 men.
    Ninja has moved south and attempts an assassination of one of the Hojo generals in the half stack, and succeeds, leveling up in the process.
    Big D moves south of North Shinomo to set up an ambush for the Hojo.
    In their turn, the Hojo fall for it hook, line, and sinker. 1383 v 1319, we lost 271 and killed 1065 including their Big D and all the fire bombers.

7- Big D mops up the rest of the Hojo, losing 2 men in the process. He then retakes Kai with only 1 man lost. However, he keeps moving south to press on with the attack into Hojo lands, because intelligence suggests the Hojo do not have many men left.
    Harbour started work in Etchu- having public order problems, will need to research to make a Buddhist temple next as religion is causing problems.
    The Ikko Ikki declare war for reasons only known to them. Again the Kiso join us.

8- Hida has had its stronghold upgraded- I've earmarked it for a temple so haven't built anything there yet.
    -N Shinano has roads upgraded.
    A Hojo army has been spotted. It is of slightly better quality than ours and equal numbers.
    Big D moves into Hojo lands near Edo.
    Hojo attack- they have 2 generals, 1 light cav, 2 sword infantry. I just about managed to funnel them into a killing zone but their attempts at flanking cost me serious casualties- were it not for my bowmen flanking the flankees we'd of lost that.
    As it stands, 1485 v 1416, 1004 lost 906 dead (most of their better troops and a general). Pyrrhic.
    Uaesegi appear at our borders with a big stack, and Ikko Ikki launch a surprise assult on Etchi. T.N is lost with his garrison.
    Yamanouchi declare war.

9- Zen research started.
    Edo is assaulted, 499 v 195, lost 43.
    Peace and trade rights with Hojo sought and got. We now have a sea port.
    Satomi- TR and alliance.
    Hatakejama also had TR and alliance, but unfortunately a) their port got nicked the next turn by the Dante, and alliance was broken after I refused to get involved with them and the Oda (more on that later).
    Roads started in Kai.
    Oda declare war on Kiso and Hatekasfsgdfg- the latter I refused to get involved in, the former I did. We are now at war with the Oda.
    Ueusgi take N Shimino, the garrison having vacated it down to Kai beforehand.

10- Handover turn. Haven't done much, just noted that Uesugi and Tamanouhi in the east have been spotted by ninja in huge numbers- a stack of Ashigaru each. Zen has been researched, so potentially temples can be built.
    Ikko Ikki are also heading south into our isolated land up there.
    Hojo now at war with Oda, reducing pressure on us, broken alliance with Satomi for unknown reason.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 17 July 2012 05:10 EDT (US)     32 / 53  
    oooh scippi is going to have pull somthing special maybe abndon lands and try and kill hojo and take their castles(random thought)

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    posted 17 July 2012 07:42 EDT (US)     33 / 53  
    The initial Uesugi army heading on down to Kai can be defeated with the garrison present, hopefully. The northern settlement is a write-off, due to the Ikko Ikki taking out the more heavily garrisoned city before it, but if the Tamanouhi decide to move their stack off towards Kai, we can in theory sneak in round the back, take their capital, which will disband all their army. This is provided the Uesugi don't get in our way, though.

posted 20 July 2012 06:31 EDT (US)     34 / 53  
    Interesting situation to deal with, and now that I have finished moving houses I can progress the Swap Game.
    posted 22 July 2012 16:01 EDT (US)     35 / 53  
    Found this while looking at Punic's Farewell thread, an announcement would probably bring in more people.

but count me in.
    posted 23 July 2012 03:10 EDT (US)     36 / 53  
    I am deeply sorry but my computer tried to implode last night and then crashed now it takes half an hour to start up hen another 20 minutes to log in to my account then i have 15 mins before it crashes again so I must withdraw from the swap until further notice

p.s am posting from iPod

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    posted 23 July 2012 05:02 EDT (US)     37 / 53  
    Newsied.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
    Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
    Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
    posted 23 July 2012 05:21 EDT (US)     38 / 53  
    Thanks o Viking lord we now might have an army of generals

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    posted 25 July 2012 13:25 EDT (US)     39 / 53  
    Newsied.
    No mean to be rude, but wouldn't it be more helpful on the Shogun 2 heaven newsfeed?
    posted 25 July 2012 15:52 EDT (US)     40 / 53  
    I had thought that already done.

I shall fix that.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    posted 27 July 2012 02:11 EDT (US)     41 / 53  
    Hey sorry for sounding like a doofus but what is a swap game?

I'm down to play it, whatever it is as long as it's <=hard difficulty i can't do VH or Legendary and any clan!
    posted 27 July 2012 03:37 EDT (US)     42 / 53  
    A swap game is a campaign that 1 person starts then plays an agreed amount of turns then emails the save to the next person and so on after playing your turns you post what you did read some of the earlier games they are very interesting

P.s it's a logical question not a dumb one I was asking it a little while ago

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    posted 27 July 2012 03:50 EDT (US)     43 / 53  
    Sounds cool, I guess people really get into writing stories for what they did on their turn? If there's one being set up again I'm down =P
    posted 27 July 2012 04:11 EDT (US)     44 / 53  
    join this one if you have shogun 2

i got my computor working and can now rejion the swap(not that anyone noticed)

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this

[This message has been edited by srlj3721 (edited 07-27-2012 @ 06:31 AM).]

posted 28 July 2012 06:00 EDT (US)     45 / 53  
    if you can get 4 people I think a head to head swap game would be awesome, teams of two maybe 10 turns each =P
    posted 28 July 2012 07:38 EDT (US)     46 / 53  
    Good idea but might not work shogun 2 just Isn't as popular but when Rome 2 comes out with Head to head campaign it might work

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    posted 15 August 2012 05:57 EDT (US)     47 / 53  
    Apart from the fact I seem to need to download a rather large update for my Total War: Shogun 2. I think, but I'm not holding my breath on it, that my internet is now stable enough to allow me to continue on with our swap game.

Though if someone like Scenter wants to I have no objections against passing the save on so that the action may continue while I wait for my Shogun 2 to finish patching.
    posted 16 August 2012 04:09 EDT (US)     48 / 53  
    We rejoin the story of the rise and decline of Clan Takeda with Daimyo Scipii, as we recount his first season in command since becoming the Daimyo of Clan Takeda.
    "As the first snows of the winter settled onto the majestic landscape of Japan new Daimyo of Clan Takeda Scipii awoke to survey his domain. Under the leadership of Daimyos Srlj3721 and Enemy of Jupitor the wealth and power of Clan Takeda had grown, but much work still lay ahead if the Takeda dynasty wished to claim dominance over all of Japan.

Whilst the wealth of Clan Takeda grew every day it would be many seasons, if not years, before Daimyo Scipii could put any of his thoughts in to action. To have the entire Takeda family singing from the same hymn sheet would be a blessing indeed for Daimyo Scipii, but alas his predecessors harboured ideas different to his.

The Takeda were rightly feared for their impressive cavalry, however, the current strength of the Takeda's forces lay more in foot slogging Ashigaru, supported by the odd Yari Samurai or Cavalryman. This differed greatly to the strategic and tactical ideologies Daimyo Scipii envisioned. While potentially expensive, Daimyo Scipii had visions of Takeda military might following the principles of lightning warfare upon a horse's saddle.

One of the first acts of Daimyo Scipii's reign was the cancellation of a building project in North Shinano, an Archery Dojo to be precise. While the ability to recruit Bow Samurai retainers would be a great blessing to Clan Takeda the potent Horse Archers of Kai required archery facilities too. Why waste the clan's wealth constructing two Archery Dojos when with careful planning one dojo could achieve the same.

In the stead of the Archery Dojo at North Shinano it was envisaged by Daimyo Scipii that a great financial district would arise. With the goal of helping the clan's wealth grow and aiding with the recruitment of Metsuke. Soon work began on the great plans of Daimyo Scipii and later the winter would give way to Spring, when Daimyo Scipii would once again review the situation at hand."
    Join us next time as we continue the story of Clan Takeda, and examine the period of Daimyo Scipii's reign.
    posted 16 August 2012 06:12 EDT (US)     49 / 53  
    sorry bout that me and EOJ were focus on expansion quikly then the warfare then the caverly devlopment thou the ashigura will help with all those seiges

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this

[This message has been edited by srlj3721 (edited 08-16-2012 @ 06:13 AM).]

posted 16 August 2012 06:17 EDT (US)     50 / 53  
    When I started that Dojo I think the landscape was a wee bit different from what it is now anyway

Any luck?

posted 17 August 2012 01:12 EDT (US)     51 / 53  
    We rejoin the story of the rise and decline of Clan Takeda, as we continue Daimyo Scipii's story.
    "As the seasons changed from winter to spring Daimyo Scipii re-evaluated the dilemmas facing Clan Takeda. Daimyo Scipii knew from his studies of the imfamous Art of War by Sun Tzu that knowing his enemy would be important. So it was that Daimyo Scipii ordered the clan's newly recruit Shinobi, Toyomitsu, to gather vital information on the intentions of the clan's enemies.

Departing from the castle-town of Takayama, in Hida province, Toyomitsu would head north along the road to Etchu province to gather intelligence on Clan Anegakoji. On the border of Hida and Etchu province Toyomitsu discovered a sizeable Anegakoji army, who were potentially poised to march on Hida province.

Upon learning of this news Daimyo Scipii ordered the fort at the castle-town of Takayama to undergo improvement until it became a stronghold. Some Yari Ashigaru reinforcements were also dispatched from North Shinano province to reinforce the garrison. While this would leave North Shinano open to attacks from their fierce rivals Clan Uesugi a confident Daimyo Scipii believed in his abilities to bolster the defenses of North Shinano before any seige could occur.

In the meantime the Way of the Warrior had been researched by Clan Takeda's scholars, enlightening Clan Takeda's armies further in the ways of shock. Daimyo Scipii now instructed the clan's scholars to uncover the secret of perfection through Form, so may our fearsome warriors becoming even greater.

As spring began to give way to summer Daimyo Scipii began diplomatic relations with the dreaded Ikko Ikki rebels. While Daimyo Scipii had no intentions of letting the trouble Ikko Ikki live, it would be some time before the two would clash. So it was that Daimyo Scipii, in the interests of strengthening Clan Takeda's coffers, came to a mutual agreement with the Ikko Ikki to open formal trading relations."
    Join us next time as we continue the story of Clan Takeda, and examine the summer of 1457.

Author Note: Any feedback on the numerous mini-updates? I do not know if it builds an air of suspense (or not) as each day, or less, you learn more about my progress, but it keeps the place active . Not to mention it gives me time to flesh out each turn instead of possibly summarising events up in bullet point form.

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 08-17-2012 @ 01:13 AM).]

posted 17 August 2012 02:23 EDT (US)     52 / 53  
    I like the format- makes each piece easier to digest than one huge serving of action. It also makes it easier to follow in bits and pieces, rather than having to front-load the entire tale and process it afterward.

Plus it is damned good!

posted 19 September 2012 18:52 EDT (US)     53 / 53  
    are we going to have an update? or will this never be finished

Rome 2 is coming
    celebrate with this
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Shogun 2 Swap Game Anyone?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames