Please login or register

Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: My first campaign in BI
posted 02 January 2024 02:19 EDT (US)   
Hi guys, this is my first campaign in BI playing as the Celts.
I may not be the best player (used a lot of auto-reslove and mercenaries), but it was a blast and a new experience. What do you guys think?
Replies:
posted 02 January 2024 12:00 EDT (US)     1 / 1  
Looks like you are making some good headway there.

By the way, welcome to HeavenGames.

Don't feel bad about hiring mercenaries in the early game, if you have the cash, they are a good way to beef up your army quickly. Later in the game, you can be more choosy.

Avoid auto-resolve. Some units get fantastic bonuses way out of proportion to how they do on the battlefield, skewing the odds either for you or against you. Mostly against.

Besides, the tactical battlefield is where great generals are born and created. And it is often the most fun part of the game. Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women... Auto-resolve can't do that.

Plus, learning the units and what they can do and to whom is also quite intriguing.

Still, good progress so far!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » My first campaign in BI
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames