You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Anyone using medieval 2 total war console commands?
posted 28 December 2022 22:37 EDT (US)   
Although I am somewhat of a veteran in Total War, I am curious to see other people's opinion...
Replies:
posted 29 December 2022 12:37 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
I personally do not use console commands, though I have felt tempted to do so occasionally if I felt the AI was corrupted to make its own forces far more powerful than they should be.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 29 December 2022 21:57 EDT (US)     2 / 3  
In general with all games I like experimenting with cheats to try and do impossible things. The TW games are no exception. I especially liked to use the spawn commands in RTW and create the most ridiculously overpowered army setups. (Think spartans, camel cataphracts, urban cohorts, and armored elephants all in the same army.)

However as a principal rule I wait until I finished the game at least once. And usually after screwing around a bit I go back to do without for the challenge.
posted 31 December 2022 08:30 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
That does sound like it could be an interesting way to experiment in min/maxing. I usually get caught up too much in role-playing and trying to build the perfect army- that narrows my focus and concentration to where I do not think of the possibilities of using the console commands to speed things up.

Though sometimes I do mod the game a bit, more for historical accuracy than for personal advantages.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Anyone using medieval 2 total war console commands?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames