You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 45 46 47 48 49 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 June 2010 12:22 EDT (US)     1151 / 1439  
He sure as hell still is
No no, he's right. Sicily is not important enough to be a threat, but strong enough to not be worth invading.
You chaps can fight it out amongst yourselves, heck, there's not even any point in defending your borders with Sicily.

You're feeling very sleepy, sleeeepyy

*click* And you're back in the room
posted 28 June 2010 12:56 EDT (US)     1152 / 1439  
You should never underestimate your opponents like that...
who knows, maybe he has a plan to surprise EoJ and Selifator while they're fighting you and Brutian? also, i think he has around the same amount of Territory as EoJ and Selifator anyways, and access to the Central Med.

Edit: Brutian, you have got to play your turn in our hotseat, its been 5 days. I don't know if you're not checking it, so I'm hoping you'll see the notice here

Don't go hunting with Dick Cheney. Don't go hunting with a bear. Don't go questioning the sense of my sig. Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Cheers

[This message has been edited by Hashoosh95 (edited 06-28-2010 @ 01:00 PM).]

posted 28 June 2010 13:13 EDT (US)     1153 / 1439  
who knows, maybe he has a plan to surprise EoJ and Selifator while they're fighting you and Brutian?
Good luck with that one My Navy's the thing stopping the Turks from landing where they damn well like

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 28 June 2010 15:29 EDT (US)     1154 / 1439  
Really? To be honest i think i am the most likely person to win this thing. That or the Russians.

Hash: Which one? HS2? The first sending didn't work, i didn't receive it. i have received it now though and will play later. Or did you mean another one?

EDIT: Hash made me think. I am being a bit overwhelmed with doing 4 hotseats and trying to revise for exams. Considering this Hotseat is the one i have contributed most to and, lets face it, i have the worst prospects in i think i might have to drop out. I will carry on playing until you have a definate sub though if you like. I'd also like to speak to Swampy, EOJ and Zsmart about whether they were actually just waiting for my back to turn or not (Of course i wont mention what they say in public or to the new Venice player as to not ruin it but i just want to see if my suspicions were correct.)

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.

[This message has been edited by Brutiangodofrock (edited 06-28-2010 @ 03:33 PM).]

posted 28 June 2010 16:04 EDT (US)     1155 / 1439  
If you drop out, I'll give you a full and frank thing of what I wanted to do. I hope you don't though

posted 28 June 2010 16:08 EDT (US)     1156 / 1439  
Sorry EoJ, part of me wants to carry on but i feel overwhelmed and this Hotseat just seems like the most likely one to drop. This one i did not start so many decisions i wouldn't have made were made, i join after 2 other people that their say first leaving much of it in a position i didn't like. (And lets face it, no one likes to lose ). But i am glad to hear you will divulge your plans.

How about this: England tribs me all of their territories outside of Britain and i will continue playing .

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
posted 29 June 2010 00:18 EDT (US)     1157 / 1439  
Curses, that throws a spanner in the works - so - any other people (e.g. Hashoosh) who'd fancy seeing Venice through to its conclusion?
If only I'd read about setting an admin before starting this hotseat I could just turn Venice over to the AI.

Brutian, if we need an alternative to getting a sub - did you have a diplomat anywhere near Russia? Russia seems the most neutral remaining AI factions to hand the remaining Venetian lands over to, which would be better than passing them to any of us.
posted 29 June 2010 03:34 EDT (US)     1158 / 1439  
That would be a good idea indeed, better than giving Venice all of my lands outside Britain.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 30 June 2010 10:55 EDT (US)     1159 / 1439  
I'll sub this through to the end if you guys want a human. I'll just need filling in on my obligations (treaties and such). I'm warning you guys though, there could be a horde of tier 1 or 2 units rampaging through your lands. LOTS of them.

Don't go hunting with Dick Cheney. Don't go hunting with a bear. Don't go questioning the sense of my sig. Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
Cheers
posted 30 June 2010 11:57 EDT (US)     1160 / 1439  
so that makes you a sub of a sub of a sub r
posted 30 June 2010 12:38 EDT (US)     1161 / 1439  
It might be more complex than that - there was a 12 or so turn patch with JubuOrangie / Lloydsgamble.

Hashoosh, I'll leave it for Brutian to fill you in on the position - but please don't be under any illusions, Venice is not in an entirely good way and would have to put some impressive deals together to be flooding anywhere with much. If you're up for it then thank you, it'll be appreciated I think (other than losing probably the only reader of the Sicily write-up that I have).

edit:
Thinking about it, having been a sub for the Turks could be a bit of an issue - Zsmart will have to give the ok since it's his hamster plan that's at risk (potentially). It might be best to try and get Brutian to soldier on for another turn or two in order to give Turkish units/agents a further chance to move on (having had one turn already).
Of course, if the Turks don't mind relying on Hashoosh's ability to forget things then I'd not look to impose that sort of time penalty.

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 06-30-2010 @ 04:43 PM).]

posted 30 June 2010 20:02 EDT (US)     1162 / 1439  
Don't worry about my memory. What you should be really worrying about is the in-depth screenshots i took of all unit concentrations, city incomes, spies/assassins/imams, all character stats and army locations. That could be an issue. And by the looks of things, i don' think you'll really be losing me for long swampy...

I might try to sell you some glazing when this is all over... :P

Edit: If venice isn't done by August, you guys will need another sub, because i am travelling for a while then. But if i take the reins, Venice is going down in a blaze of glory pretty fast, so who knows?

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Hashoosh95 (edited 06-30-2010 @ 08:06 PM).]

posted 01 July 2010 08:29 EDT (US)     1163 / 1439  
I might try to sell you some glazing when this is all over... :P
You beat me to it

posted 01 July 2010 08:52 EDT (US)     1164 / 1439  
"I might try to sell you some glazing when this is all over... :P"

You beat me to it
My guess is that his comment relates to something in the Sicily write-up thread. Either you interpreted it as a comment on his rather bold statements (which could, for all I know, be how he meant it), or you've been naughty and looking at things you shouldn't on the interweb.
By which I mean the write-up
posted 01 July 2010 09:11 EDT (US)     1165 / 1439  
No, he's talking the talk so well, that for his next trick he's going to sell you double glazing windows.

posted 01 July 2010 09:17 EDT (US)     1166 / 1439  
Fair enough

My reference was:
Keep up the good work. Can i call you swampy?
Thank you
"Can i call you swampy?"
Unless you've somehow got my phone number and mean that - sure thing. It wasn't you trying to sell me double glazing was it?
Odds are that your version was right anyway...
posted 01 July 2010 11:05 EDT (US)     1167 / 1439  
I was thinking that Brutian should get turn 66 right now anyways, since I'm leaving for Canada day with family....

I thought i wasn't going in so soon ^^

Edit: Back for good (For a week, at least), so i will play the turn tonight. I seriously hope it's not as bad as i think it'll be.

I ran into one small (ish) problem
What is the password for Venice. Brutian please send it to me ASAP

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Hashoosh95 (edited 07-04-2010 @ 07:48 PM).]

posted 06 July 2010 01:00 EDT (US)     1168 / 1439  
Crumbs, I hadn't seen the edited post - if it's news like that feel free to double post (ok, I don't actually have the authority to say you can do that - but you can) or email...

I'll send you the password now.

I was just about to give an update saying "oh noes, there is noone to play this turn, it looks like we'll have to wait for Hashoosh"...
posted 06 July 2010 13:42 EDT (US)     1169 / 1439  
Turn 66 sent to Swampy.

Cheers
posted 07 July 2010 02:41 EDT (US)     1170 / 1439  
Sent to Zsmart

The Turkish military seems to be picking up (even more)- I wonder why that could be...
posted 07 July 2010 07:10 EDT (US)     1171 / 1439  
Hopefully they won't notice our armies going through the steppes...
Oh, shit.

posted 07 July 2010 13:07 EDT (US)     1172 / 1439  
i need to do something with all this money i have
posted 07 July 2010 14:12 EDT (US)     1173 / 1439  
Gimme gimme!

Cheers
posted 08 July 2010 04:21 EDT (US)     1174 / 1439  
Hashoosh has a point - you could always actually help your ally, shocking thought though that is...

Zsmart, once you're done with the turn, could you make sure you either copy me in on the email sending the save to Selifator or post here please? That way I know who and when to chase when I get impatient :0)
posted 08 July 2010 13:07 EDT (US)     1175 / 1439  
sent on
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 45 46 47 48 49 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames