You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26 27 28 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 24 August 2009 21:37 EDT (US)     626 / 1439  
What's the Retrofit mod?

What does it do?
posted 24 August 2009 22:29 EDT (US)     627 / 1439  
Go over to TWC and download it. It's pretty awesome.

It fixes stuff, and adds in hotseats for Grand Campaign.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
posted 24 August 2009 23:05 EDT (US)     628 / 1439  
Can someone give me a link to patch 1.5?

I tried looking but I cant find it. Very Annoying!
posted 25 August 2009 03:55 EDT (US)     629 / 1439  
There are links to the Kingdoms patches here:
http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/support/supportmedievalii.html&nav=/en/7/2/

(assuming the link works - if it doesn't you can navigate there quite easily by looking for M2TW and then for support)
posted 25 August 2009 10:40 EDT (US)     630 / 1439  
Ummmm whats the password?

Cant even get on to play my turn!
posted 25 August 2009 12:34 EDT (US)     631 / 1439  
ahh yes, that'd help wouldn't it. I'll email it across. That you can get to the password screen is a rather good sign though - means it should all work from there
posted 25 August 2009 16:52 EDT (US)     632 / 1439  
'scuse the double post please. I was a touch optimistic with the password - it turns out Hoppy started both England and Venice and was tricky enough not to use the same password for both (and I'd gotten confused). I've launched a plea for help to Gaius in the hope that Hoppy copied him in on the password as requested...
posted 25 August 2009 19:10 EDT (US)     633 / 1439  
Done with my turn and pressed end turn.

Now its asking for Sicily password.

I think I might have gone wrong...

What should I do???
posted 25 August 2009 19:13 EDT (US)     634 / 1439  
Sicily is the next person. Just click 'Esc' and save the game with something like 'M2TWH_Sicily_T**' and exit the game, then send an email with the .sav file attached. You're sending it to Swampy, who plays Sicily.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

posted 26 August 2009 04:01 EDT (US)     635 / 1439  
Yep, I've got it now

Thanks for playing that turn. Jubuorangie, are you happy to stand in for Hoppy for at least the next few turns?

Venice is right in the middle of things so it's probably not an easy proposition.
posted 26 August 2009 04:16 EDT (US)     636 / 1439  
Don't worry, I will go easy on Jubu...depending on his actions.

Michael Jackson
posted 26 August 2009 14:05 EDT (US)     637 / 1439  
Yeah I can play a few turns.

I wouldnt be surprised if Hoppylyte quit though because of the position he was in.
posted 26 August 2009 18:52 EDT (US)     638 / 1439  
I chuckled at the the last post.

posted 27 August 2009 03:45 EDT (US)     639 / 1439  
I've passed the save on to Bandito. I'll update the rankings this evening - needless to say Venice has fallen while the Turks have soared. England is pressing up nicely into second place, first by some measures, and could maybe possibly actually look to threaten the Turks in the future?

There's nothing wrong with a nice safe fifth position though I reckon, that's where all the sensible people would most like to be. Ish.

It'd have been interesting if there'd been a book or poll done at one or two points through this. The smart money probably would have been on Bandito throughout (once he took over that is) but I could imagine Venice having taken a few people in during its growth phase.
posted 27 August 2009 03:57 EDT (US)     640 / 1439  
Save sent to Selfy.

Great thing we found a sub for Venice. As the hot-seat A gets to its 32nd round, it would be a shame to let it get stuck there.
It'd have been interesting if there'd been a book or poll done at one or two points through this. The smart money probably would have been on Bandito throughout (once he took over that is) but I could imagine Venice having taken a few people in during its growth phase.
Lets take a poll now. Who do you think will win this hot-seat? I will of course bet my money (and reputation) on whichever faction I play as. Doesn't mean I have the resource to roll over anyone at the moment. Besides, the Fortunes of War is nothing if inconsistent.
There's nothing wrong with a nice safe fifth position though I reckon, that's where all the sensible people would most like to be. Ish.
That is certainly true. After this War of Retribution is concluded I wish to fade back to obscurity for a good 10 turns. Peace is always a must after a costly war.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 08-27-2009 @ 04:09 AM).]

posted 27 August 2009 04:24 EDT (US)     641 / 1439  
Hey everyone, I've got fantastic news. My pc is broken. I don't know if my sis' laptop can run M2, but if it can't, I'm out of the race till it's repaired and sent back.
My apologies for this setback.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 27 August 2009 04:33 EDT (US)     642 / 1439  
Hmm, let's hope Glacier Girl will be willing to fill in again.

On that note, we'll need to find a new spare sub for 9-18 Sept when I'm off - all the current ones are in use. Has anyone expressed interest in playing these games?
posted 27 August 2009 04:45 EDT (US)     643 / 1439  
This, in my opinion, is how the entire ideas of hotseats will collapse all around us. If noone else wants to sub, EOJ will probably be back by then so I could sub for that time...

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
posted 27 August 2009 06:06 EDT (US)     644 / 1439  
I'm sure we can get by just fine.

Selfy, see if you can run M2:TW on the lowest settings on her PC. Since the hot-seat is auto-resolve, you don't need much power to run it. Maybe you have a friend who can run M2:TW for ya.

Swampy, lets hope EoJ can get back around that time so Monty can sub for a while.

Meanwhile, I urge you guys to accept my gifts, gobble up the HRE and train your soldiers until...something comes up.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 08-27-2009 @ 06:11 AM).]

posted 27 August 2009 14:28 EDT (US)     645 / 1439  
Gifts, what gifts? I've got it working again, so no sweat or tissues necessary.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 27 August 2009 17:14 EDT (US)     646 / 1439  
I'm still alive over here.. Bandito hasn't gotten me back in his basement. (yet) If you guys need a sub I can do so. I do have college work, but its not as bad as I had feared it would be. (Gotta love online classes that all focus on computer stuff)
posted 27 August 2009 21:23 EDT (US)     647 / 1439  
Gifts, what gifts?
Stuff I promised on post 572, remember? 5555 florins, map info, merchant access etc...

Glad to see you are back Gagonite. Swampy will need a sub soon, from the looks of it.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 08-27-2009 @ 09:24 PM).]

posted 28 August 2009 01:51 EDT (US)     648 / 1439  
If subs are that hard to find, we can always remove Venice. Simply disband all Venetian soldiers and divide all his settlements, and voila!

Swampy has the pass so he can do that easily.

Michael Jackson
posted 28 August 2009 07:29 EDT (US)     649 / 1439  
There's probably more to be had a bit further east though, have you considered this yet? Self-sacrifice is a noble thing. Especially for Muslims.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 28 August 2009 09:06 EDT (US)     650 / 1439  
So long as we've got someone willing to play it, there's no need I can see to remove Venice - it's not dead yet, lots of army left and possibly a little bit of vengence to be had.

Selifator, if you're computer is working again now (or was that you've got the game working on your sister's computer?) have you played the save that Bandito sent you or is it waiting to be done? You're usually quite good at copying me in so I'm guessing you still have it, but I wanted to check. Ta
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26 27 28 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames