You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 August 2009 18:17 EDT (US)     651 / 1439  
Have you sent the save yet Selifator?
posted 28 August 2009 20:57 EDT (US)     652 / 1439  
So long as we've got someone willing to play it, there's no need I can see to remove Venice - it's not dead yet, lots of army left and possibly a little bit of vengence to be had.
Speak not of vengeance to me! If the Venetians lift even a finger against me after my peace offer, then they will have the Turks knocking on the doors of Italy. (exaggerate much?)

I am proposing that, rather than me taking most of the Venetian lands, I can let you Catholics get the rest of the Venetian lands, for I am content with my current holdings and wish no more of it at the moment.
Swampy can get the Venetian holdings of Durazzo, Zagreb and Ragusa, EoJ can get the Italian holdings, and Selfy can take the Hungarian holdings.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 08-28-2009 @ 09:32 PM).]

posted 29 August 2009 09:37 EDT (US)     653 / 1439  
I have played but not sent it yet, since I'm redecorating my room and it's my sis' pc I'm playing on.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 29 August 2009 10:31 EDT (US)     654 / 1439  
Fair enough, and when you get a chance to send it it'll be on to Monty for the Spain turn (just as a reminder)
posted 29 August 2009 10:48 EDT (US)     655 / 1439  
Oops, sent it to the wrong person then!

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 29 August 2009 18:48 EDT (US)     656 / 1439  
I have received. Will play and send it on shortly.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
posted 30 August 2009 04:29 EDT (US)     657 / 1439  
I've got the save but am about to travel up north (not far up north, probably an hour or so - but it's a small country so that seems quite distant) for a wedding (not mine) so will play tomorrow.
Jubuorangie played and passed it on nice and quickly - there doesn't currently seem to be any reason to disband venice (unless he's under Bandito's powers already)
posted 30 August 2009 05:30 EDT (US)     658 / 1439  
Done with my turn sent it to swampy.
posted 30 August 2009 07:52 EDT (US)     659 / 1439  
Swampy, could you update the player list please, I'm a bit confused about who's playing what right now.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 30 August 2009 08:32 EDT (US)     660 / 1439  
As far as I can make out, Monty is subbing for EoJ as Spain and Jubu is subbing for Hoppy as Venice.

Michael Jackson
posted 31 August 2009 08:25 EDT (US)     661 / 1439  
Still awaiting the save.

Michael Jackson
posted 31 August 2009 08:56 EDT (US)     662 / 1439  
Bandito, it's what, 28 hours after I said "I can't do it today, will play tomorrow"? Anyway, save sent and player list altered to show subs - I hope that's helpful.
posted 31 August 2009 09:22 EDT (US)     663 / 1439  
I am spending some time with my friend's place and he got net connection. One becomes impatient when 24 hour net is available, hehe.

That said, how was the wedding? Hopefully it wasn't boring.

Michael Jackson
posted 31 August 2009 11:06 EDT (US)     664 / 1439  
Well, I managed to play it after all...so sleepy.

Save is with Selfy now.

Michael Jackson
posted 01 September 2009 03:26 EDT (US)     665 / 1439  
I'm back, by the way. Thanks Monty in advance. What happened?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 01 September 2009 03:58 EDT (US)     666 / 1439  
We happened. There ain't much left.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 01 September 2009 05:38 EDT (US)     667 / 1439  
To summarize the last few events through my eyes:

1. Turks took Durazzo and Iraklion.

2. Venice(Broken Shield) is at war with Denmark.

3. Venice landed a strong force next to Corinth.

4. Turks and Venice agreed to ceasefire soon (negotiations ongoing). Turks will give back a portion of its conquest in return for peace. Further concessions depend on the new Venetian leader's honorable conduct.

5. Photobucket is down.

Michael Jackson
posted 01 September 2009 07:13 EDT (US)     668 / 1439  
I'll summarise too (to be read in conjunction with post 571 - please don't kill Sicily for this it's not my fault that I need to say these things out loud...)

1. The Turks ran away from a fight (or several)
RUN AWAY, WE CAN NEVER WIN!!1
2. England is doing nicely in the north; 3. Spanish assassins were spotted in Sicilian lands. Nothing to out of the ordinary really.

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 09-01-2009 @ 07:14 AM).]

posted 01 September 2009 07:37 EDT (US)     669 / 1439  
Ah, did I not give you warning about 3? My bad.

posted 01 September 2009 07:50 EDT (US)     670 / 1439  
Oh yeah, you actually did warn me about it, EoJ. Darn my memory.

Now that Photobucket is back, here is an eye candy from turn 31 to relieve everyone's boredom.

Revenge is sure sweet. Never knew my first Heroic victory was going to be on sea rather than land.

Michael Jackson
posted 01 September 2009 08:52 EDT (US)     671 / 1439  
Jesus, Bandito, you control half the damn map!

posted 01 September 2009 08:59 EDT (US)     672 / 1439  
I am preparing my mind to lose half of everything when crusade comes calling.

Michael Jackson
posted 01 September 2009 09:52 EDT (US)     673 / 1439  
Yeah Looking at just that picture (I'm not up to speed yet) I can't help but think any other nation's chances of winning reside pretty much only in a co-ordinated crusade.

posted 01 September 2009 10:52 EDT (US)     674 / 1439  
Not really. If Crusade is available, one nation such as Venice can beat me back. It is through Jihad I realized the overpowering effect of it. Crusade will give players even better units than Jihad so I am at loss as how to respond when more than one player decides to join, hahaha.

Even without Crusade, England, or a combined Sicilian and Venetian army theoretically can defeat me. Need I remind you guys that I have yet to fight against a full stack of Venetian army until now?(The stack near Corinth comes closest to a stack I encountered so far)

My victories were results of Hoppy's blunder more than any superiority on Turkish selection of units. Hell, I can't even take Gonzolia right now if I wanted to. Italian Spear Militias are murderous. This Jihad is a bust.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-01-2009 @ 10:57 AM).]

posted 01 September 2009 11:51 EDT (US)     675 / 1439  
That still leaves the little problem as to you have far too many territories.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames