You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 17 September 2009 22:44 EDT (US)     751 / 1439  
Save sent.

About the diplomats. I think people should deal with them as they please.
posted 18 September 2009 04:19 EDT (US)     752 / 1439  
Ok, fair game they are

save passed on to the Turks
posted 18 September 2009 09:00 EDT (US)     753 / 1439  
I look into the future and all my dippy's have died! Or something like that.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 18 September 2009 09:50 EDT (US)     754 / 1439  
Not the ones in my care, they wont!

Anyway, I received the save but since a Crusade has been declared against me by Sicily, I need to think things over for a night. It seems that Sicily and Spain (no way Sicily alone could be so bold) are making their move. Against me, or the excommunicated Venice, I wonder.

Just to let you know, the Land of Peace is currently at war with no one (I agreed to ally England, and as a consequence, the Turks and Sicily are not at war anymore).

Michael Jackson
posted 18 September 2009 10:49 EDT (US)     755 / 1439  
Hey, watch it with your "couldn't be so bold" talk - you, er, you runner-away
hah
please don't hurt me

I'm quite interested in what Venice is up to myself, there's a fair bit happening.

Did you have any people left on jihad when peace broke out and if so what happens - I assume pesemistically that they don't just desert you :0(
posted 18 September 2009 11:01 EDT (US)     756 / 1439  
since a Crusade has been declared against me by Sicil
Erm, what? How do you know that? It may well have been me.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 18 September 2009 11:23 EDT (US)     757 / 1439  
I'm Spartacus

ahem, please don't hurt me

Rankings are updated - the financial one is a touch on the interesting side - something fishy for the puppet masters at the back perhaps?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 09-18-2009 @ 11:39 AM).]

posted 18 September 2009 15:42 EDT (US)     758 / 1439  
I had to redecorate my palace. Drafts, you know, terrible for the paintwork.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 18 September 2009 16:06 EDT (US)     759 / 1439  
something fishy for the puppet masters at the back perhaps?
Not really, nothing I don't expect. All going to plan.

posted 18 September 2009 21:50 EDT (US)     760 / 1439  
the financial one is a touch on the interesting side - something fishy for the puppet masters at the back perhaps?
That's called the benefit of Peace. Trade is flowing again between me and Venice.

Michael Jackson
posted 19 September 2009 01:04 EDT (US)     761 / 1439  
Erm, what? How do you know that? It may well have been me.
Swampy admitted to me that he was the one who called the Crusade.

I'm going to make another rant.

Frankly, I don't have a crystal ball to see events 30 turns from now. When I plan a grand strategy, I plan it for roughly 10 turns, and depending on the situation redefine my next set of goals.
My first 10 turns were for Rebel hunting, second 10 turns for taking out Egypt, third 10 turns for taking out the last of the Rebels, and the fourth 10 turns for taking revenge on Venice (it was originally a Jihad against Sicily in order to take them out but you guys know what had happened).

Now, on my fifth 10 turns (thanks to some lucky breaks, I get to be ahead of the schedule--only turn 35 so far) I am planning to lay back and enjoy peace and quiet, and reap the moolahs. But it seems I can't have that luxury cause Sicily declared a Crusade on me. I had kept my word on Sicily in regards to my Jihad progress so far, so I wasn't going to take his intended threat too seriously. Then my spies brought this intelligence.

An almost full stack of Spanish with their King in lead just south of Naples! There is no question of their intent on joining the Crusade and ravish my lands. I cannot have that. Call it a preemptive strike.

Henceforth, I am declaring war on Spain (EoJ) for defensive purposes only. I do not wish to attack his lands (I have no means anyway) and I will not renew my war with Sicily, but that stack has to go. Any Spanish army, within a turn of distance away from the Balkans will be dealt with also.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-19-2009 @ 01:08 AM).]

posted 19 September 2009 01:26 EDT (US)     762 / 1439  
Oh my, the giant of the game has made his move! This certainly makes things more interesting.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 19 September 2009 02:25 EDT (US)     763 / 1439  
but that stack has to go.
That stack is there for defensive purposes only to help Sicily against the jihad which you have called. It has been in the area for a while now, and was going to move into Greece to help 'oversee' the scheduled withdrawal from Greece you had put in place if needed in the unlikely event of you not keeping your word.

It is a rod that is only there for your back because you have fashioned it yourself.

If I find you have attacked Gonzo then may God have mercy on your soul. I strongly suggest you replay the turn if you've so much as sunk the boat.

posted 19 September 2009 03:37 EDT (US)     764 / 1439  
If I find you have attacked Gonzo then may God have mercy on your soul.
I told you guys a dozen times I have no intention of attacking Gonzolia. My war with the Sicilians is done.
I strongly suggest you replay the turn if you've so much as sunk the boat.
Don't we have a rule that one should not replay his turn? I did sink a boat, sorry EoJ. What do you want as compensation?

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-19-2009 @ 03:42 AM).]

posted 19 September 2009 03:47 EDT (US)     765 / 1439  
I told you guys a dozen times I have no intention of attacking Gonzolia. My war with the Sicilians is done.
Well, after spotting jihading armies still walking around we can never be too sure with this hotseat

1000 florins for a new mercenary boat to bring Gonzo back home, and hope he doesn't get hit by pirates.

posted 19 September 2009 03:55 EDT (US)     766 / 1439  
Hotseat=Can never be sure of anything besides a mini-gun assassination in the dark.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 19 September 2009 04:21 EDT (US)     767 / 1439  
Oh my, the giant of the game has made his move! This certainly makes things more interesting.
I love good entertainment and make sure everyone loves it too.

Selfy, you are going to be busy today. I sent you the hotseat A and hotseat B saves. Glacy thought my e-mail might work since hers obviously can't reach you.

Michael Jackson
posted 19 September 2009 05:05 EDT (US)     768 / 1439  
Yes, I love it too We must be worse than squabbling family members when it comes to hotseats, but we all love each other really.
Except when you sink my boat. Gr.

posted 19 September 2009 06:27 EDT (US)     769 / 1439  
I'm getting split personalities from these hotseats...

Facebook, anyone?
posted 19 September 2009 06:30 EDT (US)     770 / 1439  
Bandito, please note the difference between Gonzo the man (and legend) and Gonzolia. It could be slightly confusing as Gonzo is known as Alfonzo or something in the game I think (why didn't I call him the fonz then rather than Gonzo?)
posted 19 September 2009 09:56 EDT (US)     771 / 1439  
Oh, you mean Alfonso was Gonzo? I thought he meant Gonzolia! Oops.

EoJ, purely hypothetically, how much compensation would I need to pay for Gonzo The Legend and his whole stack? Again, just hypothetically.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-19-2009 @ 10:10 AM).]

posted 19 September 2009 11:39 EDT (US)     772 / 1439  
Just about Egypt and the middle east. Kill my king and I declare war indefinably.

posted 19 September 2009 23:27 EDT (US)     773 / 1439  
Just about Egypt and the middle east. Kill my king and I declare war indefinably.
Indefinable: Incapable of being precisely described or analyze.

Allah's beard, what does this mean? I am scared of the indefinable war!

PS: How would you like Egypt wrapped, hypothetically?

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-20-2009 @ 02:13 AM).]

posted 20 September 2009 03:08 EDT (US)     774 / 1439  
With milk and honey, and a nice little ribbon made out of your testicles. If you can't manage that, then I will have to come over and fashion the ribbon myself.
Indefinable: Incapable of being precisely described or analyze.

Allah's beard, what does this mean? I am scared of the indefinable war!
Total war. The playing field this time's more even- you have the large cities and the money, but not the italian militia, or indeed the safe border you could count on. I'm far away, but as you saw my presence can be felt wherever I need it to be.

Oh, and you've just transgressed sicily's borders, seeing as we both have military access but you for obvious reasons don't.

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 09-20-2009 @ 03:30 AM).]

posted 20 September 2009 05:20 EDT (US)     775 / 1439  
Hmmm, it wasn't my aim to do any harm to Sicily and thus, I think I can get away with a simple apology. It is a good chance to know Sicily's true intentions in any case.
If he accepts my apology (and maybe a little cash if he doesn't think it is enough), then he is serious about keeping the newly mended peace. If he declares war on me though, that means he had wanted to Crusade on my lands from the beginning. Simple as that.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-20-2009 @ 05:34 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames