You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 20 September 2009 06:01 EDT (US)     776 / 1439  
A man can change his mind can't he? I'm not saying I would or have, just that your actions could alter my plans one way or the other :0)

How much cash are we talking any way?...
posted 20 September 2009 06:09 EDT (US)     777 / 1439  
Oh, nothing much. Just 10000 florins.

Michael Jackson
posted 20 September 2009 10:09 EDT (US)     778 / 1439  
You sneaky briber you.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 20 September 2009 14:26 EDT (US)     779 / 1439  
Hmmm, it wasn't my aim to do any harm to Sicily and thus, I think I can get away with a simple apology. It is a good chance to know Sicily's true intentions in any case.
Ah, yes, and if he sinks your jihading army's boat which is most likely located on the heel of italy, then he's done three players a great favour. I know for sure that said army is still on the heel.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 20 September 2009 14:47 EDT (US)     780 / 1439  
So, EoJ, do we have an advance on 10k?
posted 20 September 2009 16:07 EDT (US)     781 / 1439  
I've had troops stationed in your lands to protect your borders for years. That's over 10K in cost and upkeep

posted 20 September 2009 20:46 EDT (US)     782 / 1439  
I wouldn't exactly call those Javelinmen worthy of 10K cost and upkeep, since they are even inferior to Italian Spear Militia. Maybe if you had a stack of Dismounted Feudals...
Ah, yes, and if he sinks your jihading army's boat which is most likely located on the heel of italy, then he's done three players a great favour.
If he sinks my only transports, then that would be a great excuse for my army to loiter around in Italy, don't you think? I think Swampy would rather prefer me to get the hell out ASAP.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-20-2009 @ 09:26 PM).]

posted 21 September 2009 08:34 EDT (US)     783 / 1439  
I'd have thought your spy network was better than that Bandito. Ah, and on a separate (but similar) point, given you weren't quite aware who the great Gonzo was, how's you knowledge of the family relations between the major catholic powers?

I'm rather cheesed off that you'd have what must have at least started as a fairly full stack (I've not seen what it's got to now) within striking distance of Naples, that you'd attack one of my allies on my lands (I'm sure I've been told it's rude to allow guests to be slaughtered) and that having done so you'd leave your men where they were rather than removing them.

I've not looked at the situation in game yet, but I'd be suprised if I'd be tempted by the option of sinking the boat without carrying on and taking the fight to your army - and then dealing with a dozen jihadding full-stacks...
hmm, if your armies are already on jihad then that could explain the sudden boost in finances whilst still gaining military ranking.

That said, given EoJ's comment on the upkeep - just think of the savings from having the army removed

How far off is the boat with diplomat and bags of gold? just out of interest - gold makes so many things seem better
posted 21 September 2009 09:42 EDT (US)     784 / 1439  
If he sinks my only transports, then that would be a great excuse for my army to loiter around in Italy, don't you think? I think Swampy would rather prefer me to get the hell out ASAP
Ah, yes, it'll work wonders for provoking England into a war if you march on Naples.

EDIT:
Maybe if you had a stack of Dismounted Feudals...
Ah, yes, those are rolling off the production line as I speak, sir. Have fun with those is all I have to say

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 09-21-2009 @ 09:44 AM).]

posted 21 September 2009 10:12 EDT (US)     785 / 1439  
Ah, yes, it'll work wonders for provoking England into a war if you march on Naples.
Goodness gracious! England took Naples?!

Given how much earnest effort I had given in the name of peace, I'm sure the other Catholic nations won't bother my new slumber.
Ah, yes, those are rolling off the production line as I speak, sir. Have fun with those is all I have to say
Seeing how you got only one possible Fortress producing them--Toledo, I don't think I need to fear a whole stack of them until 10 turns later. Perhaps if Bordeaux and Toulouse are upgraded already...then Spain is truly fearsome indeed.

So how is with the diplomatic chatter guys? Though I received some mails, I wanna hear what the rest are talking about.

PS: EoJ, I just wish you drop that quixotic idea of actually Crusading against my most treasured city. Sure it will look gallant and chivalrous, but isn't it a bit too much to tackle? I understand that you have to expand somewhere, but you just couldn't be content with the HRE lands and you are after mine as well? Greed is not good for health you know.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-21-2009 @ 10:37 AM).]

posted 21 September 2009 12:47 EDT (US)     786 / 1439  
Sure it will look gallant and chivalrous, but isn't it a bit too much to tackle? I understand that you have to expand somewhere, but you just couldn't be content with the HRE lands and you are after mine as well? Greed is not good for health you know.
I said Total War, not just Crusade. My true objectives lie elsewhere.

And as for the others, I think rather I'm doing them a favour. You see, even if they never anger you and maintain an alliance for 50-odd turns until they're closing in on the 45 territories, they've been outmanoeuvred by yourself. Whoever holds Jerusalem needs to merely expand, not launch an attack on another, probably human, nation. The longer one nation holds that area, the more time they have to prepare for this certain assault.

So while your navy and army may be fearsome right now, they'll be completely out of sight in twenty turns time. Strike before the iron cools and makes a sword that will run us through.

posted 21 September 2009 17:11 EDT (US)     787 / 1439  
The save is sent on to the Turks.
posted 21 September 2009 21:29 EDT (US)     788 / 1439  
I said Total War, not just Crusade. My true objectives lie elsewhere.
Give no quarters, eh? Very well.

I think my hunch that you were indeed going to attack me in the first place was right. Lets see what your bud Sicily actually did when I play tonight, though I think I know the answer already.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-21-2009 @ 09:52 PM).]

posted 22 September 2009 02:37 EDT (US)     789 / 1439  
Actually, no, I wasn't. I was biding my time, and was going to, like I said, move over into Venice-held lands in Greece and just make sure you were pulling back.

Then straight onto Constantinople, I'll admit, but that wasn't for another 10 turns.

posted 22 September 2009 02:38 EDT (US)     790 / 1439  
Bragging galore. Les lulz.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 22 September 2009 08:04 EDT (US)     791 / 1439  
No surprises here. Sicily chose war over peace. One of my full stack army is gone, as well as three of my boats sunk.

Diplomacy time.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-22-2009 @ 08:05 AM).]

posted 22 September 2009 08:32 EDT (US)     792 / 1439  
1100 men does not a full stack make, me thinks

I decided at the outset to honour marriage alliances as far as I could, and in the end I couldn't bring myself to allow self-preservation to over rule general decency.

If the in-laws come to visit, even if they bring an army it's rude to kill them or even to let others do so.

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 09-22-2009 @ 08:32 AM).]

posted 22 September 2009 08:39 EDT (US)     793 / 1439  
Well, if the Sicilians are not repenting their actions then revenge is the only way to go. Time to send more of my men to their deaths. Not that I relish it.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-22-2009 @ 09:14 AM).]

posted 22 September 2009 10:02 EDT (US)     794 / 1439  
Guys, it turns out that I will relish it. Swampy actually sank my lone ship with a diplomat on it, while it was on its way to Sicily. I don't know why you barbarians act so backwardly, but when you kill a diplomat of mine, then there will be hell to pay.

Michael Jackson
posted 22 September 2009 11:35 EDT (US)     795 / 1439  
Golly, World War 1 has just begun. Yay.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 22 September 2009 13:19 EDT (US)     796 / 1439  
It was far from barbaric - merely saving you effort and upkeep. As far as I was aware at the time, you would be engaging in all out war anyway, I wasn't expecting your random offer of peace (which I didn't have very long to consider given I was meant to be working while at work ). So, given you'd be at war with Sicily and Spain what good would a diplomat in the area do? You border Venice in enough other places.

I was fully apologetic and open about carrying out the act and hadn't formally replied to your offer of peace other than letting you know about the diplomat (it seemed polite to give you the facts before looking to give you peace) - so keep the post 793 type accusations down a little please.

For completeness:
RE: Turn 36‏
Sent: 22 September 2009 13:58:28
To: SwampRat

The diplomat? THE DIPLOMAT?

--- On Tue, 9/22/09, SwampRat wrote:

Subject: RE: Turn 36
To: Bandito
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 4:40 AM

Err, before you make any strong offers (although it does seem very noble of you and I'm not knocking it) you should probably be aware that I thought I was going to get flattened regardless so may have breached a clearly set out trigger for utter anihillation.
A bit.

You see, you know that diplomat? well he apparently didn't want a lift aboard a Sicilian ship (although I'm sure it was offered) and, err, well, whilst technically it was the water that killed him, some people may say that Sicily was at least a little involved what with the whole removing the ship from between the diplomat and the water in the first place. If they were so inclined.

If you've not looked at the save yet you may not have seen that particular aspect.

If one is going to poke a sleeping bear with a stick one may as well insult it's mother for good measure since it'll eat you either way. But sometimes it could turn out that it would have slept through just the poking...

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:26:05 -0700
Subject: Re: FW: Turn 36
To: SwampRat

I will play it tonight.

Tis not too late to apologize, Swampy. After all, I do understand something about aggressive defense and I am an advocate of it. I do not think you wish to wage a total war against me, not yet. Therefore, if you apologize and stop any foolish moves towards my lands then I can let you live. It takes a lot for me to be this much accomodating. Don't take my offer lightly.
Ok, not quite completeness as I didn't put the appologetic emails I'd sent in too - I did feel remorseful at the time.

Maybe the diplomat was a step too far, but I don't think I could have reacted differently to your attack on Gonzo.

If I was clever I'd insert some lines here from the godfather type films to reinforce the idea that you didn't ought to mess with family.
posted 22 September 2009 17:18 EDT (US)     797 / 1439  
Swampy throws tact and subtlety out the window

posted 22 September 2009 17:46 EDT (US)     798 / 1439  
...and onto the poor bystander below.

How's the hotseat coming along? And what city was the crusade called on?

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
posted 22 September 2009 18:34 EDT (US)     799 / 1439  
Coming along well, we've got something akin to the big war in hotseat B, two on one at war right now, though the Turks are the one so that's not really unfair.
And the city is Jerusalem I think. I'm not sure actually.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 22 September 2009 21:39 EDT (US)     800 / 1439  
I still haven't completely finished my turn since I am awaiting some e-mail replies.

Only reason I'm posting is because I wanted to take the 800th post.

Lets see if Sicily's situation can be salvaged.

On the last thought, it was kinda careless of me since I totally forgot about the marriage alliances. Such inconveniences.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-22-2009 @ 10:57 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames