You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34 35 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 23 September 2009 02:43 EDT (US)     801 / 1439  
Never forget the political tie-ups that Europe excels in.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 23 September 2009 03:04 EDT (US)     802 / 1439  
Yeah, reminds me of a stew I once left overnight.

Michael Jackson
posted 23 September 2009 11:00 EDT (US)     803 / 1439  
Save sent to Selfy. Sorry for the delay but I needed to make certain of every possible diplomatic situation by talking to the others. My goal is set.

Michael Jackson
posted 23 September 2009 13:51 EDT (US)     804 / 1439  
I don't know if anyone else is keeping their write-up current, all the twists and turns coming out in this thread are one thing but the plotting and planning behind the scenes would be very nice to find out about at the end
(e.g. using a recent example and not meaning to cause offence - finding out if on turn 35 Bandito had said "muwhahah I plan to march on Gonzolia from here, I'm just pretending to be about to retreat" or had said "I'll be nice and truthful, unless the git sinks my diplomat" etc)

Oh and Jubuorangie has now played 6 or so turns for Venice and we've not heard from Hoppy for quite a long time - under the rule we used previously (the longer of 5 turns and two weeks (I think)) that'd give him the right to take over permenantly if he wants. Firstly on the point, has anyone heard anything in any form from Hoppy? It'd be good to know at least that he's ok even if he doesn't want to play. Secondly, is that rule still a good one or should we extend the time period as the game gets longer? Early on 5 turns is very significant but later on it's less so.

Relating to point 1, people would let everyone else know if something nasty happened to them (or have an executor / medium do it) wouldn't they?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 09-23-2009 @ 02:01 PM).]

posted 23 September 2009 15:03 EDT (US)     805 / 1439  
If Hoppy comes back he can be continue playing I'm not so sure though if he comes back at around turn 50 though but even then I might not care.
posted 23 September 2009 15:10 EDT (US)     806 / 1439  
I wouldn't have a medium to tell you if I, for instance, went into a coma. If I was still able to communicate then I would be able to tell someone I know to post or e-mail someone, but that's all.

Hoppy I haven't seen at all. Either he has moved on or something's happened.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 23 September 2009 15:19 EDT (US)     807 / 1439  
Has anyone e-mailed him to see what happened?

He might be too embarrassed to answer an e-mail just saying what happened??? But maybe saying it's ok if you are too busy to play the Hotseat but people in the forums were wondering if you had some kind of health problem that was preventing you from playing.
posted 23 September 2009 16:07 EDT (US)     808 / 1439  
By the by, I haven't received any e-mails from Bandito for most of the game- a couple where I was paying for a couple of spies, but that's it. I'm quite surprised that he hasn't tried to butter me up, actually.
I'd like a refund on that, incidentally, as you were obviously sending me twisted info from the word go

posted 23 September 2009 22:07 EDT (US)     809 / 1439  
The infos were right, EoJ. You just imparted wrong meaning into them.

I personally endorse JuBu as the official Doge of Venice. Much better on me than that unpredictable first Doge.

Michael Jackson
posted 24 September 2009 02:04 EDT (US)     810 / 1439  
Unless this one starts to play in character, then nothing is certain anymore.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 24 September 2009 05:01 EDT (US)     811 / 1439  
There is always the option of disbandment if worse comes to worst. Fewer players, faster progress.

Michael Jackson
posted 24 September 2009 11:44 EDT (US)     812 / 1439  
Come now.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 24 September 2009 12:46 EDT (US)     813 / 1439  
The infos were right, EoJ. You just imparted wrong meaning into them.
Yeah, I thought you'd say that, and I have an e-mail around that has a picture of Venice's forces around Constantinople coupled with you saying that you believe he is going to attack you (around the time the deal was struck ) but that's splitting hairs and really doesn't matter

posted 25 September 2009 00:01 EDT (US)     814 / 1439  
As I said before, I take every angle into consideration. There was a chance Hoppy could have struck me, especially since he agreed not to re-militarise our borders before but brought a large number of men to Constantinople anyway. Turned out I was right all along.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-25-2009 @ 00:02 AM).]

posted 25 September 2009 03:24 EDT (US)     815 / 1439  
In his defence, you were bringing huge armies to bear on his poor innocent neighbour :0)

I keep wanting to chase Selifator for the save - but it's only been a couple of days (maybe 3 now?) - it just seems longer...

EoJ, did you really think you could trust a stream of info from an interested party?
Oi Sauron, apparently what I was shown in the palantir wasn't the full version of the truth. I WANT MY MONEY BACK
Ok, not funny but the thought was there
posted 25 September 2009 06:29 EDT (US)     816 / 1439  
Just got a fun idea. Lets each post his faction leader's stats.

Here is mine. Impressive leader, but almost at death's door. That's why I moved him from Istanbul to the front lines, to meet and defeat all comers while he is still breathing. Have fun going against him.

Michael Jackson
posted 25 September 2009 07:18 EDT (US)     817 / 1439  
Is that the same chap who Selifator just sent the screen shot of being assassinated? The name looks the same, I'd thought maybe all the generals were called sultan rather than it being quite such a coup
posted 25 September 2009 07:22 EDT (US)     818 / 1439  
England does not train an assassin worth his salt, and you know it. Besides, my Sultan is not called "The Watcher" for nothing. He is a survivor.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-25-2009 @ 07:24 AM).]

posted 25 September 2009 07:24 EDT (US)     819 / 1439  
humph, well, you can't prove I'm fibbing until your next turn

I don't think the success chance goes down to 0% ever, all it takes is some luck

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 09-25-2009 @ 07:25 AM).]

posted 25 September 2009 08:22 EDT (US)     820 / 1439  
Lets see your faction leader Swampy. Is the old man Roger still alive?

Michael Jackson
posted 25 September 2009 12:40 EDT (US)     821 / 1439  
Save sent on.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 25 September 2009 16:46 EDT (US)     822 / 1439  
Quite a faction leader. Mine needs a bit of easing into the still-warm throne.

posted 25 September 2009 17:13 EDT (US)     823 / 1439  
I find faction leaders in M2 to be somewhat more difficult to raise compared to faction leaders in RTW.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 28 September 2009 10:01 EDT (US)     824 / 1439  
Turn 38 sent to Selfy. Didn't have much time to play so I hurried as best as I can. I didn't have time to send any in-game messages but I will send mail to whoever I wished to contact.

Turn 37 was sadly quiet as I rubbed palms in expectation to see huge armies of Crusaders besieging a number of my settlements. Either the Christians are scared or they are growing wise. Anyway, it was uneventful.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-28-2009 @ 10:12 AM).]

posted 28 September 2009 11:16 EDT (US)     825 / 1439  
Well, I'm waiting a bit on another army to pull itself together before launching myself headlong into it.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34 35 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames