You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 32 33 34 35 36 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 September 2009 21:00 EDT (US)     826 / 1439  
Oh, so it is going to happen, nice. Good thing my previous bluffs had worked, for I was most vulnerable on turns 36 and 37 with only a stack available in the Balkans. Now my defenses resemble more like...defenses. I would suggest any wannabe Crusaders to stay on your side of the map.

Anyway, someone had suggested to me that perhaps I should give Jerusalem to a third party to avoid the Crusade. Personally, I do not like that idea, for it sounds more like an exploit. What are your views in the matter? Should players be allowed to gift/offer Crusade/Jihad target?

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-28-2009 @ 09:48 PM).]

posted 29 September 2009 02:18 EDT (US)     827 / 1439  
Think that's up to a players discretion. Then again, if there are multiple armies around one city within reach of your cities, I wouldn't trust them to just go back home.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 29 September 2009 04:01 EDT (US)     828 / 1439  
If it's done with any intention of being returned (even if it's only one of the party's intention) then I'd regard it as an exploit. I'd sort of be suspicious of it even if it were claimed that it was permenant too I suppose.

If we're going to allow crusades and jihads against human players then we shouldn't make it too easy to side-step them, or that's just a game of 'who knows the systems best' rather than being how the game should work. There is a question of whether we should allow crusades/jihads at all I suppose - but it would seem quite a limitation to not do that.

How does the crusade/jihad breaking by gifting work exactly - I can see that if you gave Jeruselum to let's say, ooh, the pope (not implicating Venice as a puppet for once) then the crusade would be cancelled - but if I were to gift Gonzolia to let's say, hmm, the pope (not saying I trust Spain ) then would that break the jihad or would the jihad continue until a Muslim faction held Gonzolia?

If it's the latter option then I'd like to vote against allowing the gifting of a target, even if it's a genuine gift - just because it makes the Turks unbalanced as being able to 'cancel' any crusade against them whilst being able to jihad at will.

I'm not meaning to be too biased there, hopefully I'd be of the same opinion even if the roles were reversed.
posted 29 September 2009 08:07 EDT (US)     829 / 1439  
Realistically no Christian or Muslim faction would of ever given up Jerusalem.
posted 29 September 2009 08:23 EDT (US)     830 / 1439  
Well Swampy, I don't know how the mechanics work on Jihads but I think it is same as Crusades. How about we just make it a rule that no one should gift/offer a Jihad/Crusading target to a third party? I have no problem with that.

Lest Jihad, Crusade seems game breaking, we can always make it a rule that the targets should always be border settlements. That way, the player won't take the advantage and rape half the nation on it's way to the target.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-29-2009 @ 08:24 AM).]

posted 29 September 2009 12:43 EDT (US)     831 / 1439  
Or limit the choice- you can only pick either the top 2 or only the top settlement on the crusade panel- get what you're given.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 01 October 2009 17:35 EDT (US)     832 / 1439  
Back around to Bandito's turn. Maybe I'll keep the opening post up to date for the next turn.
posted 02 October 2009 08:55 EDT (US)     833 / 1439  
Hmm, why did no one tell me that the English had joined the Crusade? Now I have to pause everything and think things over, thus delaying the turn yet again. *scratches chin* Next time it would be best to announce such obvious things before-hand so I can finish my diplomacy by the time my turn arrives.

Three Crusaders now...I suppose I should be grateful that Venice is excommunicated at least.

Michael Jackson
posted 02 October 2009 09:28 EDT (US)     834 / 1439  
Clear skies at last eh?

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 02 October 2009 11:19 EDT (US)     835 / 1439  
Next time it would be best to announce such obvious things before-hand so I can finish my diplomacy by the time my turn arrives.
You're not talking to me, so how much diplomacy are you having to go through with the rest?
I suppose I should be grateful that Venice is excommunicated at least
Yeah, about that...

posted 02 October 2009 14:05 EDT (US)     836 / 1439  
I suppose I should be grateful that Venice is excommunicated at least.
??? Why would it matter? Who would I crusade against?
posted 02 October 2009 21:29 EDT (US)     837 / 1439  
You're not talking to me, so how much diplomacy are you having to go through with the rest?
You will be surprised.

BTW, turn 39 sent to Selfy.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-03-2009 @ 02:10 AM).]

posted 03 October 2009 05:31 EDT (US)     838 / 1439  
I have just realised a flaw in my plans.
Oh, dear. And I bet Bandito's got it, too.

posted 04 October 2009 08:56 EDT (US)     839 / 1439  
You know what I realized? I had fought a total of 99 battles so far according to my faction menu. I wonder who will have the honor of granting me the hundredth battle?

77 Victories and 22 Losses. A perfect 7 to 2 ratio. Nowhere close to perfect but still I think I had tons of fun. Naturally many of the battles were minor ones but there were some very impressive ones and even a couple of Heroic Victories.

I wonder how many battles did you guys fight so far?

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-04-2009 @ 09:00 AM).]

posted 07 October 2009 01:53 EDT (US)     840 / 1439  
Nuts, I forgot to check the battles.

I've just had Sicily commit near suicide - perhaps the quote "Come fight me, you cowards" was a step too far. Still, I fully expect the Turks to skim around the edges and/or just sit back and use assassins rather than actually manning up to the job properly...
posted 07 October 2009 02:15 EDT (US)     841 / 1439  
You would think that wouldn't you?

Hmph, so Sicily has taken an openly hostile stance. *scratches chin* Very well. Your choice forces mine.

*Update* Turn 40 sent to Selfy.

PS: My hundredth victory was grand indeed.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-07-2009 @ 06:51 AM).]

posted 07 October 2009 11:07 EDT (US)     842 / 1439  
Palermo, I presume?

posted 07 October 2009 13:45 EDT (US)     843 / 1439  
PS: My hundredth victory was grand indeed.
you got another 23 in that turn? ouch

Bandito take Palmerlo? I doubt he has the nerve or would risk losing his jihad status

You may take our lands, you may take our lives and/or our freedom, but you'll never take our bins out!

Pah, it's a silly game anyway :0p - and yes, I know I'm a bad loser
posted 07 October 2009 20:28 EDT (US)     844 / 1439  
you got another 23 in that turn? ouch
Sorry, I meant hundredth Battle. It was a victory thus making it the 78th one.

Swampy's reasoning for entering the war was that I am amassing too many soldiers for his comfort. In my defense, such measure was only natural since multiple Crusading nations are on their way.

Here are some lovely pics to speed you guys on your Crusades.

Say cheese, Sicco.

That dagger on your back is a major improvement, Vaasco.

Keep em coming. Since I cannot afford to have too many troops in Egypt so I have my best assassins hanging around to create force equalizer.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-07-2009 @ 09:35 PM).]

posted 08 October 2009 03:18 EDT (US)     845 / 1439  
Can anyone explain to me why exactly Venice and Turkey have ceased slaughtering each other? Or do we need to inform the inquisitors...

Facebook, anyone?
posted 08 October 2009 05:05 EDT (US)     846 / 1439  
Any chance we can see the battle results from the victory if it was impressive? Losing is one thing but I'd like my chaps to put up a decent fight and to see that they didn't just lose by luck.

In a way it's quite nice that this'll finish quickly and not just drag on for years and years (the anniversary of starting is in a couple of months isn't it?)
posted 08 October 2009 07:06 EDT (US)     847 / 1439  
I haven't won a crushing victory against you yet, Swampy. When I do, you bet your last florin that I will post it here.

Michael Jackson
posted 08 October 2009 07:12 EDT (US)     848 / 1439  
Can anyone explain to me why exactly Venice and Turkey have ceased slaughtering each other? Or do we need to inform the inquisitors...
The second Doge is wise. That's why. He can simply enjoy growth while the rest of us beat each other senseless. I think Poland will fall soon to JuBu and I promised him free reign on all of Northern Russia.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-08-2009 @ 07:15 AM).]

posted 08 October 2009 11:14 EDT (US)     849 / 1439  
Did you now.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 08 October 2009 12:43 EDT (US)     850 / 1439  
Ah, I did express my deepest hopes that you wouldn't stoop to such levels, Sultan. The coward's way out again, but then we did swear to Total War.

Still, it shows that Bandito is getting a little uncomfortable, methinks. And as I said, that crusade's full of poor troops anyway.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 32 33 34 35 36 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames