You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10 April 2009 17:14 EDT (US)     201 / 1439  
I sent it to you, Hoppy, yesterday IIRC. Have you played it?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 10 April 2009 18:14 EDT (US)     202 / 1439  
posted 11 April 2009 03:14 EDT (US)     203 / 1439  
For the record, you seem to have had no complaints about England's genocide of Scotland.
England's genocide was accepted because the Scottish are barbarians. They were merely Catholics in name, not actions. Not to mention that there wern't other non catholic threats in the region
I spy with my little eye something beginning with D and ending with -ouble standards
Pagans and heretics abound in the highlands and ireland as well as Wales, and the Scottish were higher in the Holy Father's eyes than Portugal ever was, and once more I reiterate that I am not at war with portugal, merely stopping a heresy in one part of portugal's lands. Thank you, Venice, and good night!

Keep your italian nose out of the reconquista!

posted 11 April 2009 11:58 EDT (US)     204 / 1439  
Hmm, I'm at war with Portugal - but only sort of notionally as support for Spain (as a marriage gift I suppose). If that's not a real war then I should probably send a diplomat a few hundred miles to ask them for peace and trade. There's a lot to be said for ETW's instant diplomacy button.
posted 11 April 2009 14:30 EDT (US)     205 / 1439  
*sigh*
England has undoubtedly secured Wales in a few years from the start of the hotseat. And you say that "Pagans and heretics abound in the highlands." Perhaps I'm mistaken, but don't aren't the Scottish provinces IN the highlands? If the Scots refuse to convert those pagans, then the English will. Perhaps the Scots may have been higher in the Father's eyes then Portugal, but I'm waaaaay above you in Papal favour. I see that that hasn't stopped you from disagreeing with me and spreading false rumours about me every chance you get. Annnnyways, I have washed my hands of this Iberian conflict. As long as you don't exterminate Portugal as a nation then I could care less. You'll see that in my message ingame.
posted 11 April 2009 16:06 EDT (US)     206 / 1439  
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but don't aren't the Scottish provinces IN the highlands?
IIRC they weren't captured, and were self governing. The only difference between me and portugal was that there were still troops in the castle that flew the banner of portugal for lack of a better flag
Perhaps the Scots may have been higher in the Father's eyes then Portugal, but I'm waaaaay above you in Papal favour.
Pulling rank is all very well, but we'll see how long that lasts
Annnnyways, I have washed my hands of this Iberian conflict. As long as you don't exterminate Portugal as a nation then I could care less. You'll see that in my message ingame.
Aye, Doge, we're done here. *shakes on it*

FYI, all, my troops are outside Cordoba. The reconquista is hopefully going to score a major victory for us all. Even Bandito. Somehow.

posted 11 April 2009 18:45 EDT (US)     207 / 1439  
May I inquire where you plan on expanding after the Reconquesta is finished? Obviously it won't be toward France, them being a Catholic faction. So, toward Africa and Timbuktu?
posted 12 April 2009 04:40 EDT (US)     208 / 1439  
I'm thinking more crusade, actually. Armenia, Baghdad, Russia, that kind of thing. Although Egypt will be a lovely target should whoever wins the crusade at present doesn't get there first.

All depending on excommunications, of course.

posted 12 April 2009 08:03 EDT (US)     209 / 1439  
Received the save, will play tonight.

Michael Jackson
posted 12 April 2009 17:00 EDT (US)     210 / 1439  
Don't count on it. My troops have no intention in staying in that godforsaken wasteland. I think I'll have them retire to Venice for some "quality time" after their hard work on crusade.
posted 12 April 2009 21:39 EDT (US)     211 / 1439  
I just sent the turn 11 to Selifator. The Turks will claim Egypt if that's ok, hahaha.

Michael Jackson
posted 13 April 2009 04:18 EDT (US)     212 / 1439  
Fighting within your own religion hey? No wonder the civilised world looks down on your heretic ways, at least we feel a little guilty and seek to confess and repent our sins each day before doing them again...

On another note, as noone other than me is posting anything in my writeup I'm not sure whether I should bump it every time I do a new turn so in general I'm not. Is that reasonable do you think or better to be greedy and quadruple post? A better question may be 'or is it better to just stop bothering at all' but I'll not ask that one quite yet...
posted 13 April 2009 21:59 EDT (US)     213 / 1439  
Hehehe, don't you wish that some one else other than me had subbed for the Turks? Cause I will definitely post on your thread.

As things stand now, I can't comment on all three of the hotseat. Bummer.

Michael Jackson
posted 18 April 2009 14:29 EDT (US)     214 / 1439  
Eh, I'm still updating. Just took a while since my modem disapeared for a bit. I've received the savegame from EoJ and forwarded it to you Swampy.
posted 18 April 2009 17:01 EDT (US)     215 / 1439  
It's on to the Turks for the last of turn 11.

I hope noone minds too much the build-up time in this game compared to the Britannia hotseat going on, we have a little suspense this way at least
posted 20 April 2009 01:09 EDT (US)     216 / 1439  
Hehehe, I don't mind the slow time. In Britannia they control mere Kingdoms while in here we control empires!

Game passed to Selfy, the English player.

PS: The big fish had slipped the hook I see, Hoppy.

Michael Jackson
posted 23 April 2009 09:33 EDT (US)     217 / 1439  
Save is sent, sorry for the delay guys.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 25 April 2009 18:36 EDT (US)     218 / 1439  
hey guys. regarding the conquering english, by the time i left they were in a VERY good position, as EOJ well knows.

Vini, Vidi, Vici-Julias Caesar

Slavery is Freedom
War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength
Quantity and Quality are the same.
posted 26 April 2009 05:03 EDT (US)     219 / 1439  
ooh, interesting - is there some indication there that the English have a hold over the Spanish?
posted 26 April 2009 06:18 EDT (US)     220 / 1439  
I'm not telling, cuz nobody tells me nuthin.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 26 April 2009 06:49 EDT (US)     221 / 1439  
ooh, interesting - is there some indication there that the English have a hold over the Spanish?
No, they owe me a debt of gratitude, if anything.

posted 26 April 2009 15:06 EDT (US)     222 / 1439  
The only debt in this campagin is from all of you guys to me. I'm the one keeping Bandito from running rampant across Europe. After all, we've all seen what's happened to his enemies in the Britania Campagin.
posted 26 April 2009 15:27 EDT (US)     223 / 1439  
Mostly because everyone jumped straight on him and there was some backstabbing of sorts everywhere
Hoppy, did you get the T12 save I sent you? I had an e-mail from Swampy asking about it.

posted 26 April 2009 16:17 EDT (US)     224 / 1439  
Yeah I got it, I'll send the savegame to Swampy in a few minutes.
posted 27 April 2009 03:59 EDT (US)     225 / 1439  
Ok, cheers, I'll do that tonight

I think Bandito may have been somewhat held back from running rampant across Europe by not being part of the game for the first however many turns it was... A good pre-emptive move none the less Hoppylyte

Done - on to Bandito

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 04-27-2009 @ 03:43 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames