You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.129 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » Looks like there will be a multiplayer campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Looks like there will be a multiplayer campaign
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12 December 2008 13:25 EDT (US)         
There now is an announcement of the new release date on the official site as well. Nothing new, except the last paragraph. I quote:
Significantly the additional time will also allow us to implement the underlying technology for a much desired feature (thanks to your feedback!); a multiplayer campaign mode. An opportunity to participate in the 1 versus 1 multiplayer campaign mode beta will be made available to all Empire Total War buyers post release.
See here for the full post.

So it looks like there will be a multiplayer campaign mode in Empire: Total War, which will be released after the game's release.

Discuss and/or celebrate here.

Hussarknight
AuthorReplies:
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 10:45 EDT (US)     76 / 129       
Ventory, you do realise me and you will be fighting a war and the others will probably end up fighting wars of their own. Look at who has which factions, you'll see

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Godatta
Legionary
(id: Sigmund Freud)
posted 14 December 2008 10:47 EDT (US)     77 / 129       
I would like to align myself and the Thirteen Colonies w/ the second alliance. It would be glorious to battle Russia and Britain by the sides of Scandinavians and Turks
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 11:01 EDT (US)     78 / 129       
Will you be fightin alongside me?
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 11:07 EDT (US)     79 / 129       
Nope. He's with me, Daelon, and Jomas. You are with LoH and Woolagaroo.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-14-2008 @ 11:08 AM).]

Boetje
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 11:08 EDT (US)     80 / 129       
everyone ignores me!

i feel so lonely.

"it's gonna be a loong lonely cristmas..."

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 11:10 EDT (US)     81 / 129       
Maybe you should use capitals

And Daelon listed you as leading the United Provinces. I guess you'll start off allied with Britain, anyway.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 11:24 EDT (US)     82 / 129       
Fin tehn whoever is France, they are on my alliance.
SpartanOfShadowz
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 11:30 EDT (US)     83 / 129       
Um why doesnt anyone want me as an ally? I mean freakin' laser crossbows are pretty sweet...

The blood we spill today is just the beginning
Proud to be American/Polish/Irish/Welsh
Empire Total War Heaven : March 3rd, 2009 US
Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty WAW/Halo 3 Beta tester
No need to spell my name, just call me Ben!
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 12:10 EDT (US)     84 / 129       
IF you are France then I want you.
Woolagaroo
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 12:15 EDT (US)     85 / 129       
Yeah, don't count me in on any alliances. My proposal for a partnership was based on someone being Poland and then allying with Britain. Since that situation no longer exists, it is no longer advantageous for me to be entangled in that alliance. I think I will wait until factions are finalized (and perhaps even until the game comes out and we know what we're doing) to get into alliances. But still definitely count me in this.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 12:27 EDT (US)     86 / 129       

If he is France, then me, Daelon, and Jomas have your alliance cut in half, especially the one who's Denmark (which at the time controleld Norway). Me and Sweden can easily invade Russia.

I just realised - I have the best trade, the best position, and apparently the more numerous (if technologically backwards) armies

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 12:27 EDT (US)     87 / 129       
wool, you made me cry, Now come back or else I'll still your swiffer sweeper.
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 13:12 EDT (US)     88 / 129       

I thought I'd let you all see my initial ideas for conquest. Yes, I know - too eager.

How'd ya like dem apples, bludd?

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 13:19 EDT (US)     89 / 129       
I don't it looks confused, just marching and slaughtering along the way, it's like a circle of slaughter

I will incorporate it as sson as possible.
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 13:21 EDT (US)     90 / 129       

Basically, the plan is for me to invade Russia in three places - through the Caucasus, through Moldova, and across the Black Sea. Whoever plays Sweden can attack from the west if they want.
Denmark (and Norway - same faction) attacks Prussia and Britain.

Win

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 13:33 EDT (US)     91 / 129       
Fail

As I said, I am putting Defenses everywhere and If Wool has any sense hw would ally with em before we both fail

Plus Great Britain will assist me and destroy any of your ships after all the Royal British and Russian Navy will eb the best so D: for you.

[This message has been edited by Ventory (edited 12-14-2008 @ 01:39 PM).]

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 13:51 EDT (US)     92 / 129       

If Britain can get to the Black Sea before I do (bearing in mind I'm already there) I'll surrender the whole of Turkey

But that could be a problem for Denmark...

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 13:59 EDT (US)     93 / 129       
I laready ahve enogh on my ahnds, with the bloody scandivanians massing troops unto my north, which is where my principal army will defend

Then there is you. Be fair, I have a hard time defending everything I have
Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 14 December 2008 14:29 EDT (US)     94 / 129       
Alright good to see this going 4 pages while i sleep.

Everyone check the roster, we have multiple people up for grabs. Choose them wisely, once they are on your team they are staying.

Regaurds to Sweden-

The geographical location of Sweden plays as thus:

1) Russia is its prime landscape,sitting very close Russia would be its #1 enemy.

2) Swedens waters allow for it to have high levels up sea trade throughout the upper baltic and onto western europe, therefore BRITAIN has its own obligation to ensure that I cannot do that.

3) Danemark & Sweden both will now be surrounded as the teams are set, currently the other team has russia/prussia/britain which can easy put us into a land lock.

4) I am assuming that britain will have advance and elite sea technology, with some of the fastest ships in the world, therefore Sweden and Danemarks navy's will probably be obsolete.

5) Only real way to have a successful campaign in this region of the world is to push inland, sea is worthless with Britain a few neighbors down. Pushing inland you have the largest threat from Russia, where the Tsar's have enlisted millions to fight my thousands.

6) If you go around through finland and push to central europe, PRUSSIA sits there with its heavy calvary, and I know for a fact, that nor Sweden or Danemark have decent calvary to field to match against it.

So basically you guys have it easy, Jomas and I will be like the 2 fat kids at the back of the bus while everyone picks on us.
jomas
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 14:40 EDT (US)     95 / 129       
wonderfull
im going to have to go on a serious diet then
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 14:45 EDT (US)     96 / 129       
Bread & Cheese
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 14:47 EDT (US)     97 / 129       
Don't worry, Vent, I'll be fair - but I'll trim your empire down by taking all the fortress cities or fertile provinces and force you to become a vassal in doing so. It's Legion of Hell's throne I want!

And no way, you guys - the Ottomans have numerous soldiers and elephants. I can get where I can support Sweden by carving an empire through Russia's borderlands.
I am going to dominate this campaign - just look at the land I own in that video posted a while back. I'm guessing money's not much of an object, being on the trade route from India.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-14-2008 @ 02:50 PM).]

Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 14:55 EDT (US)     98 / 129       
Great then I'll go hard on you

Your Turks will be no match for my Heavy Cavalry

Plus Daelon and Jomas, you guys don't get it, I can use Lots of Heavy Cavalry to defeat you, as you lack decent cavalry BUT

The Turks Down There prevent that, my military remains small yet quite useful as I have great troops BUT

In order to fill in lacking numbers instead of fielding my high quality troops, I'l probaby fight the turks with large numbers with low quality

I can kill you or Gallow seperatley, but I am far to seperated to fight you off both

Until my funds go into a surplus I can't use any of my High Quality Troops, especially my suberb cavalry Which gives you an advantage.

[This message has been edited by Ventory (edited 12-14-2008 @ 02:58 PM).]

Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 14:57 EDT (US)     99 / 129       
Ventory - I understand it perfectly, thanks.

We just build calvary spikes and case solved.
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 15:00 EDT (US)     100 / 129       

I don't remember saying I'd utterly destroy you.

Must have slipped my mind...

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames