You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » IGN Article: Empire: Total War Hands-on
Bottom
Topic Subject:IGN Article: Empire: Total War Hands-on
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 19 December 2008 14:51 EDT (US)         
IGN have written an article on naval battles and land skirmishes.

Some very intresting information about Gentleman on their attributes including information where by challenging a general to an duel won't mean war will be declared; just prestige won or lost.

In addition with different forms of government and how rebellion is possible in your capital city if you **** off your subjects.

Enjoy!

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/939/939779p1.html

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.

[This message has been edited by Legion Of Hell (edited 12-19-2008 @ 03:20 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 19 December 2008 15:03 EDT (US)     1 / 29       
That video in the article has already been posted

*sips cup of tea*

SHAME ON YOU!
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 19 December 2008 15:13 EDT (US)     2 / 29       

It has as well.

And the Engrish written post here in is not good
have written article
very intresting information about Gentleman

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 19 December 2008 15:15 EDT (US)     3 / 29       
A) I did not say anything about the video.

B) I mentioned the use of gentlemen because they weren't mentioned in depth before.

C) GG has got a point so I'll edit it straight away.

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 December 2008 04:13 EDT (US)     4 / 29       
Interesting article. I like how tasks are divided up between the two types of agents.

Hussarknight
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 20 December 2008 06:20 EDT (US)     5 / 29       
Daelon failed at telling LoH he failed.

The part about the battle for the building was interesting.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 December 2008 07:05 EDT (US)     6 / 29       
Anybody notice this bit?
In the third episode, the one we got to play for the demo
DEMO! It's already doing the round then!

Also, the general will be a unit on the battlefield but not a combat one.
CA tells us the general unit on the battlefield will not function in precisely the same way as in Medieval or Rome, since he's no longer the strongest charge unit. Instead he's better for aura effect bonuses, and though the strategy of protecting him behind your front lines hasn't changed since losing him puts you at a disadvantage, he's even more vulnerable in Empire considering he's up on a horse while bullets fly every which way.
Civil wars are back!

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 12-20-2008 @ 07:12 AM).]

Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 20 December 2008 08:12 EDT (US)     7 / 29       
Is it just me or on the release date for Empire Total War still says February 6th on Gamespot. Go to the front page and scroll right down to the bottom and it'll say that.

Weird.

Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 20 December 2008 13:29 EDT (US)     8 / 29       
Gamespot hasn't updated the release date, SEGA has it confirmed on their website.
Boetje
Legionary
posted 21 December 2008 03:09 EDT (US)     9 / 29       
i really like the switching of government types... i will be helping a lot of those revolutionairies bring down French/British/Prussian/Austrian/Spanish/Russian/Danish/Swed ish/Ottoman Royalty. (that's quite a bit of factions isn't it?)

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?

[This message has been edited by Boetje (edited 12-21-2008 @ 05:40 AM).]

Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 21 December 2008 03:12 EDT (US)     10 / 29       
Switching of governments?
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 21 December 2008 05:37 EDT (US)     11 / 29       
They have said somewhere about having different government types for example monarchy or constutional monarchy, each with advantages and disadvantages.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 21 December 2008 11:44 EDT (US)     12 / 29       
They say that thereís no right or wrong choice. Each type of government has its advantages and disadvantages. Iím looking forward to using my gentlemen and rakes: duelling with enemy generals or admirals knowing that I wonít start a war.

Boetje
Legionary
posted 21 December 2008 12:09 EDT (US)     13 / 29       
hmm, dueling is too visible for me... are rakes also assassins?

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
Andalus
Legionary
posted 21 December 2008 17:42 EDT (US)     14 / 29       
Also, the general will be a unit on the battlefield but not a combat one.
I am sure we will find a way to use him for combat, never fear. SubRosa will, at the very least...
Civil wars are back!
hi5!
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 21 December 2008 18:26 EDT (US)     15 / 29       
Yes good civil wars are back! Time to wipe out any Northerners beginning with the city of Nottingham

*gives evil laugh*

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 21 December 2008 18:36 EDT (US)     16 / 29       
And ending at Newcastle

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 December 2008 08:54 EDT (US)     17 / 29       
I want that demo!

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 22 December 2008 10:27 EDT (US)     18 / 29       
Hear Hear Gaius! I want that demo too!

We should revolt and demand to Sega and CA to release that demo....as a Xmas present. If they do then the Moderator Brigade will bow down to CA as their rightful masters!

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 December 2008 10:41 EDT (US)     19 / 29       
Can anyone remember if family members split during civil wars in MTW1 or do they all follow your choice?

It would be irritating to lose top class generals to a badly timed revolt.

-Love Gaius

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 December 2008 10:44 EDT (US)     20 / 29       
DEMO! It's already doing the round then!
Don't get too excited Gaius. Perhaps whoever wrote the article used demo just as a shortened version of demonstration, as in people from gaming sites and magazines getting a chance to play it to show the game to them.

But yeah, I want a demo too.

Hussarknight
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 22 December 2008 13:51 EDT (US)     21 / 29       
I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but if you sign up as a member on SEGA's website you are automatically eligible for beta-demo testing before out-siders are.
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 22 December 2008 13:56 EDT (US)     22 / 29       
For a second I thought you meant testing as putting volunteers into a computer and getting shot at by angry Frenchmen!

Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 22 December 2008 13:58 EDT (US)     23 / 29       
Nay! Other way around!
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 22 December 2008 14:52 EDT (US)     24 / 29       
Putting the devs into a computer and shooting them with angry Frenchmen?

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 22 December 2008 15:41 EDT (US)     25 / 29       
...Yeah! No that would not be good. I take that back, it's not the other way around. LoH is right!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames