posted 11 September 2008 21:04 EDT (US)
Hello hello! It's been a while, but now we're going to solidly put things together again!
Please respond to this thread with the following :
experience as it relates, or any other comments
Right now we are taking evrything from 3d and 2d artists to coders and scriptors, from chartographers and writers to historians and conceptual artists.
Because i've been out of it so long, i am forgetting about anyone who showed interest before. If you want to participate now, please start fresh here!
posted 24 September 2008 20:46
8 / 21
I guess I'm Hanger-On #2 then. I don't think I have the time to fully contribute, but I will surely have a lot of input.
This is great...I've been pushing this mod forever.
posted 04 October 2008 00:43
9 / 21
Name: ProvostGuard (Jeff)
Desired Realm: Texture artist, researcher
Experience: Have done modding and texture art for Dawn of War and Age of Empires III. Learning RTW now...
posted 12 October 2008 21:22
13 / 21
I haven't been able to properly extract the textures (seems like a Vista issue) so could anybody send relevant ones to me? Thanks.
posted 02 December 2008 17:46
18 / 21
I'm not good at modding or anything like that but i have some good ideas (and questions)...
1)Custodians????Is that like high preists??
2) There was 1 tribe of the hebrews that was called Judah. They were supposed to be excellent warriors---maybe model them on the greeks spartans?
3) The Levites were the musicians of the Hebrews...A structure called the Levite hall or something could be an entertainment building.
4)A horse-based period (or the whole thing) would be good for the Hebrews because it was written that Solomon had 40 000 stable (dunno how many horses per stable).
Ps: First Post!
posted 03 December 2008 07:58
19 / 21
Welcome to TWH, GeneralAwesome. Enjoy your stay.
Since SrJames is absent, I'll answer your questions.
1) Custodians are a Hebrew temple guard. There are several different names used in the Bible. Custodians seemed to be the best one. They might be viewed as ahistorical, but as SrJames said, they would only otherwise be called 'Better Spearmen' or something equally naff.
2) Judah may or may not have been better fighters, but the overall quality of Israelite soldiery was not great, so that is I believe how they are being done. The idea is to have a few elite troops, and morale boosting units (Hornblowers and Ark of the Covenant).
3) Not up to me.
4) Nor this. Though there is little mention of horses being used in warfare by the Hebrews. Also, this mod reflects the Judges period, not the Kings.
posted 05 December 2008 16:18
20 / 21
Alright, thanks for answering.
Oh and why i said what i did about judah, is (this is in kings tho) because it said that david (or solomon cant rmbr) took 200 000 foot soldiers and 10 000 men of judah.
posted 14 December 2008 01:00
21 / 21
I would like to be a historian/art advisor on the project. please get back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks