You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Additional Unit Pack

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.390 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Additional Unit Pack » The Additional Unit Pack - Updates and Announcements
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Additional Unit Pack - Updates and Announcements
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
Andalus
Legionary
posted 23 July 2008 18:34 EDT (US)         
The Additional Unit Pack Version 1.1 is now available for download.

This mod for RTW 1.5 adds 23 new units to the game, using mostly original textures and models. It aims to fill gaps in unit rosters, giving factions access to units they did not have before. It uses mod:switch so it will not affect your original game files.
The excellent unit cards were made by Private Clark.

1.1 is only being released as a patch which fixes bugs, adds a few new skins, and tweaks a few units. If you have not downloaded version 1.0, you must do this first.

Note that this is version 1.1. Another version with plenty more new units may be up soon.

I am open to any feedback, on faults, balancing, suggestions, even spelling mistakes. Just do not come blabbering to me about historical accuracy. As a historian myself, I am aware of how apocryphal most of these units are. AUP presents a 'what if' situation.

What if the Parthians had developed an elite core of heavy infantry?
What if the Britons had utilised cavalry to a greater extent?
What if the Greeks had used horse archers as a counter to those they faced?

But enough of my rambling, you can download this at Filefront with the following link:

http://rtw.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4436

Or take a look at these screenshots:

The fellows who started this whole debacle: Poeni Archers.

(By the way, I have also put Poeni Archers up on the Download section as a single unit modpack, here, but why bother when you can get the whole kaboodle?)

Poeni Legionaries (Old skin) taking on Roman Elephants.

Macedonian Hypaspists, waiting...

...for the clash.

The Thracian Swordsmen move on to the Numidian Spearmen and Royal Guards.

Gothic Spearmen in the thick of it with Noble Spears (Old skin).

We are Borg Cataphract Spearmen!

Backed up by the doughty Persian Archers.

Here come the Romans! Equites Patricii chase down Heavy Spearmen, with Auxiliary Cavalry in the background.

Oh, is that all? Well get on and download it then, lazy, and see them for yourself!

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 11-03-2009 @ 02:41 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Andalus
Legionary
posted 12 December 2008 19:49 EDT (US)     301 / 390       
Behold the Huntsmen!

Well done to the Dacians for finally getting themselves a unique unit, eh?

The original plan was to have dogs running alongside the horses, but it seems that a unit cannot have both an animal and mount line.

Also:

Too white, do you think? Me too.

Much better!

(Available from Dockyards, just so you know)

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 12-12-2008 @ 08:40 PM).]

jimUK
Legionary
posted 13 December 2008 08:52 EDT (US)     302 / 390       
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 13 December 2008 11:40 EDT (US)     303 / 390       
It should do, as that one doesn't affect any of the units.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Andalus
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 07:51 EDT (US)     304 / 390       
Yes, it should, providing the territories are athe same (No changes to descr_regions or descr-strat etc). Just make sure you install AUP first and the other over it.
CaesarVincens
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 12:12 EDT (US)     305 / 390       
It can't make any changes to EDU either, of course...

Or, EDB.

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kŠn ɹid ­ɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.

[This message has been edited by CaesarVincens (edited 12-14-2008 @ 12:12 PM).]

Andalus
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 14:38 EDT (US)     306 / 390       
Actually, on further investigation, it seems it does make changes to EDB, since it has a ZOR system. So no, probably won't work. You could probably manually install the map, though, but don't blame me if you mess it up.
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 02:58 EDT (US)     307 / 390       
EDIT: Woops sorry for complaining I sorted out my problem, anyways brilliant units, very professional work there good job!

Is there a place where I can downlad some of those units you made?

Hey Andalus I have a suggestion for a name for your 'City Guard' unit, from what I heard, Ptolemy was a general for Alexander the Great and when he died, like others, Ptolemy took Egypt, so I was thinking you could call these 'Egyptian Hoplites', the only problem being, you would have to edit the unit and maybe make the shields bigger so they resemble a Hoplon.

[This message has been edited by Sconderix (edited 12-23-2008 @ 06:13 PM).]

vespasianI
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 02:07 EDT (US)     308 / 390       
Very nice units. Fits in with the game well and gives new options for soon to be Conquerors-VespasianI

"Few men are born brave; many become so through traning and force of dicipline." -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

[This message has been edited by vespasianI (edited 12-24-2008 @ 02:09 AM).]

Andalus
Legionary
posted 25 December 2008 03:22 EDT (US)     309 / 390       
Thanks. Welcome to TWH, and

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 02-13-2009 @ 06:16 PM).]

zlack
Legionary
posted 25 December 2008 09:37 EDT (US)     310 / 390       
Andalus, you should remove the big writing on that pic and do a caption competition for it. Congrats on the green name btw.

This is not a signature.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 29 December 2008 05:10 EDT (US)     311 / 390       
To all, I know this isn't released yet, egg on my face, but rest assured it is coming together. Be patient and ye shall receive.

Here is a little taster for you, Chosen Sicklemen, another unique unit for Dacia.

Technically, yes, it`s a rhomphaia not a sickle, but

a) It was originally going to be a sickle, but the sickle I wanted was in an Alex model (Which can`t be oped in 3ds max).
b) Chosen Rhomphaiamen sounds daft.
c) Stop causing trouble.

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 12-29-2008 @ 05:10 AM).]

zlack
Legionary
posted 30 December 2008 05:51 EDT (US)     312 / 390       
They look more like samurai swords, but it's not supposed to be historically accurate is it?

This is not a signature.
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 30 December 2008 16:11 EDT (US)     313 / 390       
Ninjayz
Legionary
posted 06 January 2009 21:48 EDT (US)     314 / 390       
^^^^ Ditto, i just downloaded the AUP and im itchin for more =D
Boscanari
Legionary
posted 07 January 2009 06:39 EDT (US)     315 / 390       
hi im new to the forums, ive had fun tweaking my RTW as well as adding the AUP but ive hit a problem, im trying to add units from the alexander add on to the the original but the game doesn't run and i can't figure it out, if u think u can help i'll be happy to send u a copy, contact me at boscanari@hotmail.co.uk
Andalus
Legionary
posted 07 January 2009 11:02 EDT (US)     316 / 390       
Welcome to TWH, Ninjayz and Boscanari.
When's that update coming?
When it is finished, of course... My life is very hectic at the moment, I apologise.
im trying to add units from the alexander add on to the the original but the game doesn't run and i can't figure it out, if u think u can help i'll be happy to send u a copy, contact me at boscanari@hotmail.co.uk
Create a new thread in the Game Modification Forum, tell us what exactly is the problem, and we'll see what we can do.
Boscanari
Legionary
posted 07 January 2009 17:50 EDT (US)     317 / 390       
added new thread, it's called "transfering units" and hello Andalus
MrBonzai211
Legionary
posted 09 January 2009 20:19 EDT (US)     318 / 390       
Can't wait till the update! I check this thread EVERY DAY! I hope it's coming soon! Can you at least give us a teaser of what's to come? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this is the best mod I've played and I've played over 20 different ones!
Lumaca
Legionary
posted 18 January 2009 05:38 EDT (US)     319 / 390       
Hey Andalus, I'm new here, but I've tried your Mod, and I enjoyed it.

Good luck with the next edition!
Bulba Khan
Legionary
(id: stormer)
posted 22 January 2009 19:02 EDT (US)     320 / 390       
I have been watching this topic everyday, when is it coming out? Why can't there be anybody like DBH?

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
Erzin
Legionary
posted 23 January 2009 22:19 EDT (US)     321 / 390       
Same here.

AAR Coming real soon :P
Andalus
Legionary
posted 27 January 2009 20:32 EDT (US)     322 / 390       
Dime may be constantly releasing new versions of XGM, but each one doesn't have 50-odd* new units, does it? Besides, I change things so frequently it is easier to release it one big go.

*Do not hold me to this. I haven't counted them all up yet. But by the very need to count them, it is clear there are a great many.

Edit: If you're really desperate for something from me, I did upload my Spartans here so you may sample those. I also uploaded a reskin for Pharoah's Bowmen, which is here. This won't actually be in the AUP, it was really just a test of my new formula for creating black skin from Egyptian (And thus avoiding those annoying white markings).

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 01-27-2009 @ 08:36 PM).]

Lumaca
Legionary
posted 27 January 2009 21:51 EDT (US)     323 / 390       
I just hope you put in more mercenaries

I love using them mercs and the ordinary ones are getting old... And I also think that Celtic Swordsmen and Riders are waaay too cheap.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 28 January 2009 07:05 EDT (US)     324 / 390       
They are. I'm replacing them, actually, with Gallic and Batavian (Both cavalry) mercenaries. Chosen Swordsmen mercs were not a good plan.

Other mercenaries I'm adding are: Nubian Archers, Nubian Cavalry, Slavers, Libyan Spearmen, Gladiator Mercenaries, Etruscan Swordsmen, and Mercenary Pikemen.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 13 February 2009 18:20 EDT (US)     325 / 390       
No, sorry, I haven't got a release for you yet, but it's getting there! I would, however, like to ask your opinion on the following. These are two variations for a Libyan Spearman re-skin (Including merc version). Which do you prefer?

V1:

V2:

Note that further changes can be made if deemed sensible, for instance, if you think I should have V2 with the helmet from V1.

Personally, I think V2 is probably better, but V1 fits better with the Carthaginian theme. Opinions!

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 02-13-2009 @ 07:42 PM).]

Lumaca
Legionary
posted 14 February 2009 05:10 EDT (US)     326 / 390       
For Carthage, V1. For Mercs, V2. You said it yourself, if 1 fits better with Carts, give 1 to them. The Cart's V2 looks too much like legionaires.

And I think the Cart's should get the helmet with 3 feathers...
Andalus
Legionary
posted 18 February 2009 13:14 EDT (US)     327 / 390       
Well, I'd rather stick with the same texture style for both normal and merc versions. I think I will use a slightly modified V2. If anyone is utterly outraged by it upon release, I will reconsider, but for now it stays.

The unit cards are just in the final round, meaning release is getting closer. Will I beat ETW? Who knows? In the meantime, here's a new strat map and battle model for Egyptian generals. I got fed up of looking at the war crown being the wrong colour. Also, notice the new Egyptian diplomat.

Rex84
Legionary
posted 18 February 2009 20:45 EDT (US)     328 / 390       
Excellent work Andalus. Those Macedonian hypaspists, especially, were a real treat!

"Cowardice and stupidity are vices which,
disgraceful as they are in private to those who have them,
are when found in a general the greatest of public calamities."

- Polybius of Megalopolis
Zagraf
Legionary
posted 19 February 2009 09:42 EDT (US)     329 / 390       
i'm waitin for this to start a new Seleucid campaign, keep up the good work!
Andalus
Legionary
posted 22 February 2009 17:56 EDT (US)     330 / 390       
I realised that my original version of Hill Archers (Here) looks far too elite and well-equipped for a unit that is supposedly made up of tough and hardy men who would otherwise probably be bandits. To that end, I have redone them, giving them a more grizzled look:

PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 23 February 2009 22:08 EDT (US)     331 / 390       
Erzin
Legionary
posted 10 March 2009 00:53 EDT (US)     332 / 390       
They look much better.
All I will say is if it isn't done by the end of November I give you all permission to hit me with a big stick.
Well its now Febuary so instead of a stick can I use a, um... cricket bat? Regardless good work, and still looking forward to the next version.

Andalus
Legionary
posted 10 March 2009 12:45 EDT (US)     333 / 390       
Damnit, I was wondering when someone would remember I said that. I think a chainsaw would be appropriate. Sorry.
Erzin
Legionary
posted 14 March 2009 03:58 EDT (US)     334 / 390       
No problem, I undertsand how hard modding is (especially for noobs like me).

Sconderix
Legionary
posted 14 March 2009 19:19 EDT (US)     335 / 390       
Heck I can't even edit models, never mind use them! *Everyone laughs and I leave the room*
Andalus
Legionary
posted 18 March 2009 22:37 EDT (US)     336 / 390       
It's issues in real life that have really caused the massive delay.

Anyhow, here is a preview of a new unit, Thracian Cavalry, more or less imported from Alexander. These are armed with javelins and lance and replace Greek Cavalry for both Thrace and Macedon.

Also, with this re-skin for the standard horse archer, which of these two models would you lot prefer?

Sconderix
Legionary
posted 19 March 2009 00:30 EDT (US)     337 / 390       
The 2nd one of coarse. I don't see many people walk around without head protection from the sun, unless your English...
Andalus
Legionary
posted 19 March 2009 05:25 EDT (US)     338 / 390       
Just take a look at the Eastern foot Archers, they only have a cap as well. If you think about it, having a piece of cloth dangling about your shoulders would get in the way of firing the bow.

But yeah, the second is probably best. I just also liked the first so I wanted to be sure.
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 19 March 2009 17:03 EDT (US)     339 / 390       
Hey it's your mod remember we're just fussy kids waiting for our treat. We didn't ask what kind of treat...
Monkcrazy5
Legionary
posted 23 March 2009 15:51 EDT (US)     340 / 390       
I remember when this came out, look what you've done now, Andalus!

Monkcrazy5

Creator of the maps"of fire and of water"

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
For the love of...leave my liver out of your sig!-Impspy

[This message has been edited by Monkcrazy5 (edited 03-23-2009 @ 04:09 PM).]

Andalus
Legionary
posted 23 March 2009 23:39 EDT (US)     341 / 390       
Here is an up to date version of Imperial Guard.

I also spent more time than is decent tonight on a skin for something else, which you will probably see on the downloads section soonish. That may quench your thirst awhile.
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 24 March 2009 00:25 EDT (US)     342 / 390       
Sweet. But may I ask why the shields are round?

(Round? + Roman? = What the heck is going on here?!)
Andalus
Legionary
posted 24 March 2009 00:32 EDT (US)     343 / 390       
They are round because it looks cool...

There's no reason really, except that they use the Praetorian Cavalry model, so it was either that or a cavalry shield, which would be even dafter. These are elite palace guards accompanying an army, not regular legionary troops, and carrying a huge legionary shield on guard duty would be a nightmare.
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 24 March 2009 00:42 EDT (US)     344 / 390       
True, well your the wiz meister so i'll take your word for it.
mintico
Legionary
posted 29 March 2009 21:26 EDT (US)     345 / 390       
cant wait for the next version..i hope its soon
Andalus
Legionary
posted 16 April 2009 05:42 EDT (US)     346 / 390       
A new unit for Scythia: Warriors of Kolaksay. A small unit of fierce fighters.

(They use the same model as Dacian Huntsmen)
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 16 April 2009 05:53 EDT (US)     347 / 390       
Awesome but why is the spear tip red?
Andalus
Legionary
posted 16 April 2009 05:56 EDT (US)     348 / 390       
Because it is soaked in enemy blood, silly!
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 16 April 2009 06:01 EDT (US)     349 / 390       
Oh yes! I thought they accidently poured cherry drink all over it.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 19 April 2009 04:35 EDT (US)     350 / 390       
Some stuff I don't think I've shown you yet:

Heavy Swordsmen for Pontus

Armoured Pikemen

Seleucid Cataphracts

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 04-19-2009 @ 01:37 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: