You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1761 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 67 68 69 70 71  Next Page »
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 November 2005 18:07 EDT (US)         

Forumer Gallery Thread

Quick tutorial for those who don't know how to post a picture:
First you need a picture, ideally taken from a digital camera, but scanned images will still work.
Save them as jpegs (.jpg) or gifs (.gif).
Do not save them as bitmaps (.bmp), as this format uses about ten times the memory and makes the pages load slowly. Then you need to host the picture. Personally I use www.photobucket.com.
Then, you just need to post a link to the image.

Taking the example of an image on RTWH:

[img]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/img]
shows up as:

[url]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/url]
shows up as:
http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif

[url=http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif]Picture.[/url]
shows up as:
Picture.

I have removed the pictures that Ace linked to that no longer exist. If you want your picture in the gallery (or to change the one that's already there, post it or link to it in the thread. If you want your picture removed, I can do that too.

NB - It is against Heavengames policy to allow anyone under the age of 14 to post personal pictures.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 01-06-2011 @ 10:23 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 05 October 2011 18:02 EDT (US)     1701 / 1761       
When you make a fist if you put your thumb inside your fingers apparently it suppresses your gag reflex.

house won this
Earl Scruffles
Legionary
(id: generalscruff)
posted 05 October 2011 18:23 EDT (US)     1702 / 1761       
If Edorix gives me permission, 'Confuzzled Pirate' will become a new meme.

for hitting? Only in Taekwondo, the thumb always goes on the outside, holding the knuckles down, to make a tight fist

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
Brutus93
Legionary
posted 06 October 2011 10:48 EDT (US)     1703 / 1761       
Edorix, you look like you live in Glastonbury (they have a substantial New Age community there for anyone that doesn't know). I would post a picture of myself but one of my number one fears is that someone I know browses this website plus posting a picture of yourself on the internet (besides facebook- hooray for friends only privacy settings) you have no idea where it could end up. Or is that just an excuse so that I never have to reveal my hideously deformed face? You'll never know...
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 06 October 2011 12:54 EDT (US)     1704 / 1761       
My guess is the second. Nobody is gonna be bothered about your face on the internet, especially when there are sexy beasts like me out there.
Brutus93
Legionary
posted 06 October 2011 15:00 EDT (US)     1705 / 1761       
That sounds like a challenge

I guess I will post a picture then, though because I have no webcam, no (decent) phone and as of the past few months a boring social life it will be an oldish picture I post.

Firstly though, I want to know what people think I look like, because when reading things that people have written you often form a picture in your head and some of you here look completely different to what I pictured.

Edit: What the hell, how about I post and people tell me if I look like how they thought I would.

"I thoroughy recommend water!"

Unfortunately, this is one of the few pictures I can actually find of my face and my teeth look horrible in it and my grin is somewhat psychopathic (I don't consider myself very photogenic), but at least you can get an idea of what I look like.

First photo is from autumn 2010, second is summer 2010. Unfortunately, having spent my school life existing on the fine line between being accepted and being an outsider, all photos of me are from stuff I did with my "normal" friends, who I don't really keep in contact with anymore, which basically always meant getting drunk. I wish I had photos of me and my so called "loser" friends, also known as my true friends, but none of us are vain enough to take a camera everywhere and take 1,000,000 photos everytime we do something.

As I'm currently on a gap year, albeit an unintentional one because I didn't think I'd get the grades for uni (I feel the need to tell you this because I hate being classed as unemployed, though technically I am until I'm actually in education again), I think the chances are pretty low that even if one of my old friends did see these photos I probably wouldn't ever see them so they could tell me about it.

[This message has been edited by Brutus93 (edited 10-07-2011 @ 04:20 AM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 06 October 2011 15:10 EDT (US)     1706 / 1761       
Hmmm, in my imagination you have curly ginger-brown hair, some freckles but not so many it looks bad. A giant gin on your face, and I think it is to do with "Brutus", but somewhere in your picture it is green. Maybe you are in a park?
Brutus93
Legionary
posted 07 October 2011 04:23 EDT (US)     1707 / 1761       
Curly brown ginger hair? Is that because of the Scottish AAR I'm currently writing, so you think I look Scottish?

Anyway, I posted, I just hope I don't get turned into a meme.
Earl Scruffles
Legionary
posted 07 October 2011 10:48 EDT (US)     1708 / 1761       
'Psycho Student' could be a great Bait & Switch meme.

"I'm gonna top the Professor...

's list of outstanding students"

"I killed my parent's

aspirations for me when I bettered myself through education"

I'll leave that until you get into a uni though

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 07 October 2011 11:28 EDT (US)     1709 / 1761       
Meme being made....
Brutus93
Legionary
posted 07 October 2011 15:54 EDT (US)     1710 / 1761       
Remember that just as you can make a meme out of me, I can do the same to you. I take it that there are certain rules on this site about respecting others though, so I think I'm safe. If not, I'll be forced to call the cyber police.

Scruff and anyone else, do I look like how you imagined or have I not been round long enough on TWH for an image to form? I'm really interested to see how people thought I'd look and how far from the truth they were.

[This message has been edited by Brutus93 (edited 10-07-2011 @ 04:01 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 07 October 2011 18:16 EDT (US)     1711 / 1761       
Oh damn!
Earl Scruffles
Legionary
posted 09 October 2011 12:19 EDT (US)     1712 / 1761       
I wouldn't really, it's just me and Liam being Spam-bros.

I don't think you have, but then, I dead on how I thought Edorix looked, but completely wrong on Liam. I thought he was going to be short and dark haired, not tall and blond.

Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 09 October 2011 16:27 EDT (US)     1713 / 1761       
And no one suspected my deadly good looks

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
GeneralKickAss
Legionary
posted 10 October 2011 08:25 EDT (US)     1714 / 1761       
Nor my raw, bespectacled badassness.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
Earl Scruffles
Legionary
posted 10 October 2011 08:28 EDT (US)     1715 / 1761       
[PNG, (221.29 KB)]

I thought GKA would look like this

[This message has been edited by Generalscruff (edited 10-10-2011 @ 08:30 AM).]

GeneralKickAss
Legionary
posted 10 October 2011 08:35 EDT (US)     1716 / 1761       
If I was 7"6 I'd be thrown into the state basketball camp instead of spending my time on the interwebs.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
Kilos of Thermon
Legionary
posted 12 October 2011 22:03 EDT (US)     1717 / 1761       
Eh, height is overrated in basketball. Just ask me......

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Cattle die, kinsmen die, the self must also die. I know one thing that never dies: the fate of the honored dead. Hávamál, Gestaþáttr, #77.
Ecthelion
Legionary
(id: p90pro)
posted 13 October 2011 00:52 EDT (US)     1718 / 1761       
OK. How is it overrated?

Sir, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Swallow my pride? No thank you, Im too full of myself.
I bring you nothing but love and a shopping bag full of sexual depravity.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Tied with Meteora (****er) for Best Sig Award.
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 16 October 2011 05:42 EDT (US)     1719 / 1761       
I am sexy.
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 23 October 2011 09:05 EDT (US)     1720 / 1761       
If Edorix gives me permission, 'Confuzzled Pirate' will become a new meme.
Didn't see this, go ahead.

• EDORIX •
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Enkidu of Uruk
Legionary
(id: thekid951)
posted 14 August 2012 22:17 EDT (US)     1721 / 1761       
Just realised we've never really posted a picture from our meet-up last year, so here goes:

Left: Admiral Nelson/ von Nelson; Middle: me; Right: Awesome bartender.

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 09 March 2013 06:03 EDT (US)     1722 / 1761       
Is this what u think of when i say Australia?
I took this 3 days ago ,near home, after a couple days of rain we had. That down the bottom is supposed to be farmland, with a river near the foot of the hill.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 10 March 2013 05:37 EDT (US)     1723 / 1761       
I guess the bottom forty is going to be unusable for a while. At least no worries about lack of water for the critters...

We had a flood in Norway back in the early 1990's. Similar to this one, but only trees and houses stood out from the water- and only those houses with more than one story. driving from Kongsvinger to Oslo we passed Vormsund, where the river Vorma dumps into the Glomma. It looked very much like the above.

Worst was up by Ullern kirke- the flood ripped open graves. Hundred-year-old caskets bobbed to the surface and wshed downstream. Not a nice present to find a body on your doorstep when the flood receded and you came home. Lots of hours went in to finding out which body was which and re-burying it.

I was upriver at the time- no surprises for me. And I guess from the rural nature of the foto, no problems with that there, either.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10 March 2013 05:59 EDT (US)     1724 / 1761       
I guess the bottom forty is going to be unusable for a while. At least no worries about lack of water for the critters...
The sad thing is that most of it has dried up already..:/

Wow, i never heard of grave robbing flood waters before. That sounds insane. I am unfamiliar with Snow-like climates, but was there generally flooding in or after the yearly thaw?

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 10 March 2013 06:56 EDT (US)     1725 / 1761       
There is the usual rise in water levels during the spring thaws, but that year it was combined with lots of rain and a very warm fønewind (a hot wind that sort of comes from Africa, hits the Alps and bounces over Europe to land in Scandinavia still warm from the desert). Temps rose by like ten degrees or so almost overnight. add to that rain, and floods occur.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 67 68 69 70 71  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames