You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1761 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71  Next Page »
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 November 2005 18:07 EDT (US)         

Forumer Gallery Thread

Quick tutorial for those who don't know how to post a picture:
First you need a picture, ideally taken from a digital camera, but scanned images will still work.
Save them as jpegs (.jpg) or gifs (.gif).
Do not save them as bitmaps (.bmp), as this format uses about ten times the memory and makes the pages load slowly. Then you need to host the picture. Personally I use www.photobucket.com.
Then, you just need to post a link to the image.

Taking the example of an image on RTWH:

[img]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/img]
shows up as:

[url]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/url]
shows up as:
http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif

[url=http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif]Picture.[/url]
shows up as:
Picture.

I have removed the pictures that Ace linked to that no longer exist. If you want your picture in the gallery (or to change the one that's already there, post it or link to it in the thread. If you want your picture removed, I can do that too.

NB - It is against Heavengames policy to allow anyone under the age of 14 to post personal pictures.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 01-06-2011 @ 10:23 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10 March 2013 07:21 EDT (US)     1726 / 1761       
Wow, i am amazed that such weather can occur. i have never heard of fonewind. Such weather currents and special events like that amaze me.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 10 March 2013 11:58 EDT (US)     1727 / 1761       
I know when Hurricane Katrina went through New Orleans, the flood waters (helped along by the levee breaking) destroyed many cemeteries and mausoleums. Bodies were everywhere that had died from before the storm, and clogged the giant storm drains.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 11 March 2013 02:29 EDT (US)     1728 / 1761       
This is precisely why we Vikings burned our dead.

Ashes do NOT come back to clog our drains later!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 11 March 2013 02:50 EDT (US)     1729 / 1761       
Yea, the crematorium advertisement really writes itself.
"Don't let THIS happen to your body! With our number one and most popular treatment, your remains can be flung in somebody's eye or thrown into the wind by you relatives. Go the dignified Way!"

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 11 March 2013 06:00 EDT (US)     1730 / 1761       
I'm all in favor of cremation; keeps the zombie and wight count down. But it's rather expensive these days

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 11 March 2013 06:32 EDT (US)     1731 / 1761       
I never considered wights. That's another worry to add to the list, thanks Sajaru

house won this
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 06 April 2013 21:10 EDT (US)     1732 / 1761       
I think wetsuits make me look sexier than normal.

(I'm on the right)

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 06 April 2013 21:57 EDT (US)     1733 / 1761       
*wolf whistles*
HAHAHA, i already saw this on Facebook i think..
But still, looks like a lovely day in the background!

BTW, at first glance it kinda looks like you are holding hands..

Scenter102
Legionary
posted 06 April 2013 22:52 EDT (US)     1734 / 1761       
Do transparent backgrounds work?
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 07 April 2013 05:07 EDT (US)     1735 / 1761       
Ok, since Punic had the balls:

This is my sister and i(me on the left obviously). And i believe i look particularly dashing..

Earl Scruffles
Legionary
(id: generalscruff)
posted 07 April 2013 08:54 EDT (US)     1736 / 1761       
I'm buying new shorts and gloves tomorrow. I shall post the Scruffy 2013 Season Kit

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
Scenter102
Legionary
posted 08 April 2013 15:07 EDT (US)     1737 / 1761       
I am as unphotogenic as they come, if I find a good picture lurking around I promise to post it.
Earl Scruffles
Legionary
posted 08 April 2013 16:20 EDT (US)     1738 / 1761       
I'm the worst for that. I'm not exactly ugly, but in pictures I'm always pulling a face of some sort unless I go completely rigid

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09 April 2013 00:46 EDT (US)     1739 / 1761       
Since we are sharing...

Me.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 09 April 2013 01:26 EDT (US)     1740 / 1761       
AAANNNNDDDD Terikel remains the elusive lord of TWH..

Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 09 April 2013 09:33 EDT (US)     1741 / 1761       
I thought this was you, Terikel.

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
SongsOfBeitar
Legionary
posted 10 April 2013 10:43 EDT (US)     1742 / 1761       
Where is that picture even from?
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 11 April 2013 10:44 EDT (US)     1743 / 1761       
Yep! That's him! I spent 2+ days with that guy; and as you can imagine, we got many stares wandering ancient Roman streets and modern Dutch ones. On the bright side, I don't think we had to pay for anything.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
von Nelson
Legionary
(id: General_Nelson)
posted 15 April 2013 10:15 EDT (US)     1744 / 1761       

Nearly two years on, still my favourite ever photo.

< Jarrod Nelson>
Nelson looks good in his pics - Gaurdian_112
Wow, Nelson's awfully cute... - HP Lovesauce
Thanks for ruining something that I've waited over 6 years for. - Redneck93
It might be a bit of an odd moment to say so, but I still think Nelson's smile is awesome. - Hnossa
THIS SIGNATURE IS A TESTAMENT TO MY VANITY
Earl Scruffles
Legionary
posted 15 April 2013 11:22 EDT (US)     1745 / 1761       
Only suitable caption is "STRAYA ****"

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 15 April 2013 15:46 EDT (US)     1746 / 1761       
WOOO! Nelson is Representing!! nice job!

Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 15 April 2013 17:40 EDT (US)     1747 / 1761       
Here is a picture of me in Chicago's Shedd Aquarium. Try not to have your eyes burned when laying eyes on my face.

http://s631.photobucket.com/user/ph08yyt/media/DSCF0155.jpg.html?sort=3&o=18

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.

[This message has been edited by Legion Of Hell (edited 04-15-2013 @ 05:46 PM).]

General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 15 April 2013 19:37 EDT (US)     1748 / 1761       
When were you at the Shedd? Last couple of years, judging from the Jellies exhibit. (I only ask because I'm from Chicago).

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 16 April 2013 06:16 EDT (US)     1749 / 1761       
Been there twice: summer of 2007 and 2009. That picture was taken in 2009. I am thinking of going there this summer.

AbdulSamih
Legionary
posted 30 October 2013 21:11 EDT (US)     1750 / 1761       
Calm down why do you wanna castrate man you are messed up man

Allah's Knowledge Suffices Mine
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames