Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » TWH Signature thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:TWH Signature thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11  Next Page »
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 19 April 2006 16:45 EDT (US)         
This thread is a guide to new people who want to make signatures, which are the blocks of text that appear under people's posts.

So here we go:

Why would I want a signature?

A signature gives an identity to a forumer or and allows you to put links to sites or places that you like. You can also put in quotes from famous people or other forumers that you like or made you laugh. i.e. veni, vidi, vici.-Julius Caesar

NOTE: HeavenGames does NOT allow pictures in signatures. Therefore, the [IMG] tag is disabled. However, you can use smilies in your signature, but don't put more than 5 in them, as these take up a lot of bandwidth + loading time for slow connection users. HTML code, javascript, php and the quote tags are disabled as well.

Where do I make my signature?

You can get to the area where you make your signature by accessing your account via the account tab in the top left hand corner of the page, just below the logo. Once in, click on the 'edit signature' link and you're in.

People have underlined, bolded etc. their text in their signatures. How do I do that?

Here is a link to the list of BB Code for standard text stylising:
http://www.heavengames.com/forumfaq.shtml#bbcode

Some more BB Code:

How to centre your text:

There is a thing that the BB Code list misses out, that is the centre syntax. Big sigs with fading and the like tend to look better when centred. Here is how to do it:

[center]centred text[/center] gives you:

centred text

In case you're wondering about this little bit above: Centre = English Spelling | Center = American Spelling and I am English but the UBB Program is American.

How do I colour my text?

Colouring your text is fairly simple, you can colour your text by using the tags:

[c=red]coloured text[/c] gives you coloured text.

That's basic colouring, but you can make it look cooler by using a technique called fading, this is done by combining two colours together like so:

[c=ff0000-000000]red to black text[/c] gives you red to black text.

You can make the text look even cooler by fading from one colour to another then back again or to another colour:

[c=ff0000-000000]red to black[/c] [c=000000-ff0000]to red text[/c] gives you
red to black to red text.

[c=ff0000-000000]red to black[/c] [c=000000-00bb00]to green text[/c] gives you
red to black to green text.

Here are some patterns you can use as well:

_.,-=~+"^'`*`'^"+~=-,._

(`._.[ ]._.)

.`) (`.

o.O O.o

- - --^[ ]^-- - -

.`.

`..`._.

*~-.,.-~*

O O

׺`

(- -)

,,`,

-==-

..,,--++ ++--,,..

.: :.

+*^*+

_||_||_||

And some weird or unusual signs/characters:

a A b (3 B c C d D e E f F g G h H | |
I j J k |{ | < K l L m (v) M n N o () O p P q Q r R s $ S t ~|~ | T u
|_| U v V w W x y Y z Z ? ○ √ ∙ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♪ ♫ % * & ^ # @ !

The colour chart/table:

For single colouring you can normally just type in the colour and the program will pick it up. For fading and different shades of colour though, you'll need to use the hex triplet code. Here are a couple of colour tables for you to use. The combination of numbers and letters next to each colour show that that is what you have to put in to get the colour of your choice.

HG's colour table: http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,319058,,20
Or you can use this one if you want:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Signature Rules

Now you know what you can do to make a signature, there are some rules to follow:

• Signatures cannot be longer than 6 (six) lines.
  • No Signatures images may be used.
  • The Tags: Code, IMG, and Quote are disabled.
  • HTML is disabled.
  • No More than 500 visible characters.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long article, any suggestions as to how to make it better are welcome.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
    "There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
    "Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Marcus Orentius (edited 03-23-2007 @ 01:08 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Awesome Eagle
    Spear of Mars
    (id: awesomated88)
    posted 26 January 2013 17:28 EDT (US)     251 / 257       
    Hows that?

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
    History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
    Wars not make one great- Yoda
    DominicusUltimus
    Legate
    posted 26 January 2013 18:06 EDT (US)     252 / 257       
    Looks excellent. I should probably replace my sig sometime this week. It's gone unchanged for almost five years now

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
    "It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
    "My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
    Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
    EnemyofJupitor
    HG Alumnus Superbus
    posted 27 January 2013 06:55 EDT (US)     253 / 257       
    Ah, are walls of ego coming back into again?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    DominicusUltimus
    Legate
    posted 27 January 2013 07:33 EDT (US)     254 / 257       
    Indeed they are EoJ. Indeed they are.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
    "It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
    "My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
    Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
    Earl Scruffles
    Legionary
    (id: generalscruff)
    posted 27 January 2013 10:13 EDT (US)     255 / 257       
    I just have moderately abusive things others have said about me on mine

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
    This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
    The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
    monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
    Alex_the_Bold
    Legionary
    posted 27 January 2013 16:03 EDT (US)     256 / 257       
    But they're hilarious Scruff... Anyway, nice sig Awesome Eagle. I may change mine too, when I find some good quotes...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
    Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
    Alex_the_Bold
    Legionary
    posted 30 January 2013 14:16 EDT (US)     257 / 257       
    So, I'm considering these quotes for my signature:

Thros, trgos, plemos- (Summer, harvest, war)

Ti estin ho mian ekhon phōn tetrapoun kai dipoun kai tripoun ginetai?-(What is that which has one voice and yet becomes four-footed and two-footed and three-footed?)

To peprōmnon phygen adnaton-(It's impossible to escape from what is destined)

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
    Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames