You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.69 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » My first thread in 8 years. Oldies from RTWH, gather here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:My first thread in 8 years. Oldies from RTWH, gather here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 01 May 2017 22:26 EDT (US)         
Hello RTWH, an oldie here from 2004 coming back to reminisce! I have invited a whole bunch of old forummers by email to post in this thread with life updates and talk about old times. This place was very formative for me personally in RL, as for others.

Kids, marriages, jobs, trips, old memories? Post 'em here!

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
AuthorReplies:
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 07 May 2017 13:10 EDT (US)     26 / 69       
Epic! Now with Dricus back to his old name, things are really starting to feel like 2004...hehe!

everyone get on steam and start up rtw. i'll host

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
Dricus Frisii
Legionary
posted 07 May 2017 15:55 EDT (US)     27 / 69       
Awesome Terikel, thanks!

GdB

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
Ad furore Dutchmannorum libera nos domine - Ace Cataphract
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 08 May 2017 03:27 EDT (US)     28 / 69       
@Ian: I have email details for nobody anymore haha, more or less the only contact I have with anyone from this forum is still via this forum.

house won this
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 08 May 2017 10:19 EDT (US)     29 / 69       
@Ian: I have email details for nobody anymore haha, more or less the only contact I have with anyone from this forum is still via this forum.
Haha no problem, I knew it was a shot in the dark.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 08 May 2017 10:37 EDT (US)     30 / 69       
I have Undefeatable and Misplacedgeneal on Facebook, but I haven't chatted with Unde in years and Misplaced is busy with RL things at the moment.

I used to have Hell3ent/HP Lovesauce on Facebook as well, but he either deactivated his account or deleted me which is understandable considering the lack of communication.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Enkidu of Uruk
Legionary
(id: thekid951)
posted 10 May 2017 13:15 EDT (US)     31 / 69       
Hi all. I'm a little bit late to the reunion unfortunately. Hope you're all doing well! I haven't posted in ages either. I've got a bunch of you on Facebook, but to be honest, I haven't been active in so long that I forgot which usernames belong to which faces. It's pretty fun to see and remember all these usernames though. Maybe I'll be active here for a little bit, for nostalgia's sake.

Kid

edit: Woah, it's been four years since my last login...

[This message has been edited by Enkidu of Uruk (edited 05-10-2017 @ 01:18 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 11 May 2017 11:52 EDT (US)     32 / 69       
Luckily our software is so old that your log-ins have not been updated away...

Welcome back!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 16 May 2017 18:06 EDT (US)     33 / 69       
Soo many old names. (No insult intended). When i started here i was 13 or so i think and in high school. Now i am almost 22, in my Honours year of University and living out of home. Alot has changed for many people over the years. I am interested in everyone's stories here though- nice to see that the forum has had a probably good impact upon all of us

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Rotaretilbo
Legionary
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 19 May 2017 02:14 EDT (US)     34 / 69       
War. War never changes.

I am roughly as single as I was 8 years ago. Which is to say, quite single.

I live with mostly the same people I lived with 8 years ago. Two of the original flatmates have moved out, a third moved in and then out, and two have moved in over the past 8 years. One has remained through it all (the landlord, unsurprisingly).

I work the same job now that I worked 8 years ago, though I had a brief foray into other jobs about 5-6 years ago. I previously and currently work as a bookkeeper and crisis manager at my father's company. I spent about a year working in customer-facing tech support, but found that dealing with the general public, especially in a capacity that generally exposed me to frustrated people, was miserable.

I am roughly as uneducated as I was 8 years ago. I briefly returned to college to seek a networking certification, but because I'm sort of trapped by circumstance in my current job (where such a certification is not applicable or relevant), I abandoned the pursuit as a waste of money and time.

I play less video games than I did 8 years ago, but more for a lack of a solid community than for changing interests. I play more tabletop games than I did 8 years ago, but more from success in finding a solid community through trial and error than changing interests. I still play forum mafia, though a mere shadow compared to the glory days of 2008-2009 HG, but again, this is primary a result of the absence of solid community and not due to changing interests.

Despite everything, it's still me.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 24 May 2017 16:20 EDT (US)     35 / 69       
Hey there guys. How are ya all keeping?
Busy enough here. Got a wee fella who will turn two in less than a month and got a new job about a year ago so no more surfing the net at work.

Still remember the excitement of playing RTW for the first time. M2TW was pretty good too but the rot set with ETW and the difficulty of modding.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 24 May 2017 18:51 EDT (US)     36 / 69       
Hey Gaius! Good to hear from you!

I too have a little one, who will turn one in exactly a month from now. His name is Ronan, a name we encountered while in Ireland in 2014.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!

[This message has been edited by Ichbinian (edited 05-24-2017 @ 06:52 PM).]

Tryhard
Legate
posted 25 May 2017 12:03 EDT (US)     37 / 69       
First thread in years from Ichbinian, but he has been posting here and there.

Still in Africa, in the mess that Burundi is.
Divorced for 5 years now.
Otherwise, peachy.

Defender Of The Faith

The thing with tryhard is you can never tell if he's writing a gay erotica on purpose or not - Jax
Tryhard
Legate
posted 25 May 2017 12:05 EDT (US)     38 / 69       
You need to find what has become of misplacedgeneral.

I know that Meb has been around as Henry Kissinger.

Defender Of The Faith

The thing with tryhard is you can never tell if he's writing a gay erotica on purpose or not - Jax
Tryhard
Legate
posted 25 May 2017 12:06 EDT (US)     39 / 69       
Damn, I was here when we renamed this place.
2007, 2008?

I even made the lions a bit darker.

Defender Of The Faith

[This message has been edited by Tryhard (edited 05-25-2017 @ 12:11 PM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 May 2017 16:47 EDT (US)     40 / 69       
Sorry to hear that Tryhard.
How are the kids doing?

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 May 2017 16:48 EDT (US)     41 / 69       
I approve of that name Ichy. It's a great age. Newborns are a bit dull really. It's when they wake you in your bed while brandishing kitchen knives that they liven up.

-Love Gaius

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 May 2017 16:50 EDT (US)     42 / 69       
Emailed a load of people about this thread, even some who don't talk to me anymore!
Hope Imperial Justice doesn't let us down.

-Love Gaius

Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 25 May 2017 18:09 EDT (US)     43 / 69       
Ahoyhoy, got the email, cheers Gaius, nice to dip and and see what's become of you reprobates.

So, I've moved to Wales, started a business, become a godfather (not the mafioso type unfortunately), and lost my father last year which has hit me like a ton of bricks and given my mental health a severe blow. But I believe I'm coming out the other side of that now and I have a fair bit of work lined up this summer and a part time job with a boss who is fine with me just disappearing for weeks at a time, which is great.

As far as gaming is concerned, I never played much TW past Empire, S2 was starting to get a little too heavy for my PC and with other priorities in life spending another grand on a new gaming rig wasn't really up there on the list. Still on the hunt for a female who might be able to stand being around me for long enough for a relationship to happen , and generally living life. Good to see you guys again!

Edit: Ah yes, IJ, I do wonder what has become of that gentleman. I remember nearly getting myself thrown off here due to a certain inability to resist baiting him...

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 05-25-2017 @ 06:10 PM).]

Tryhard
Legate
posted 26 May 2017 12:19 EDT (US)     44 / 69       
Anybody in for a mafia game at OD?
We are good and our games are fun. I master the next one.

Our youngest poster has 1200 post at HG and joined years ago.
Several RTW veterans are there.

Defender Of The Faith

Chonaman
Legionary
posted 20 June 2017 12:03 EDT (US)     45 / 69       
Gentlemen (I use the term loosely):

I'm late to the reunion but wanted to wish you all well. We're living in the country out in Western Massachusetts in a house we built in 2007. It's a sweet location if you like the wilderness and the hills. Only a few miles from a major highway, so it's fairly convenient.

My gaming activities are pretty slim these days, mostly a few turns of Civ V and occasional nostalgic minutes playing some old games including RTW.

Celebrating 25 years of marriage in September. I'm currently working as an independent digital marketing and IT consultant.

Greets to you all, especially Adder who goes waaaay back including Empires: DoTMW!

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 11 October 2017 00:49 EDT (US)     46 / 69       
Whoa just saw this thread.

I played RTW in 2016. Nostalgia kicked in so I had to start it up again with a Seleucid campaign! Good times.

I am married (same girl as when I first started here at this forum), have a 2 year old and a house. Its been great. Puts a smile on my face seeing all these familiar names chiming in here.

o/

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 11 October 2017 12:08 EDT (US)     47 / 69       
Welcome back.

Hopefully some of the real oldies will pop by as well to see your post.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Wolfpanzee
Legionary
posted 31 October 2017 22:04 EDT (US)     48 / 69       
Happened to check this site out on a whim. First time in perhaps 7 years? Honestly didn't think that I'd see anyone familiar... Been a busy couple of years. Finished undergrad, moved to the US and started a Phd. It's been interesting...

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his-George Patton
You can get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone-Al Capone
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo-H.G. Wells
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity-Karl Marx
Lord Ahm
Legionary
posted 12 February 2018 13:15 EDT (US)     49 / 69       
Many familiar names. Fun to revisit the site!

I got an email from Gaius in December that I just discovered now, about this thread.

I've grown up too I guess. Registered nurse, worked in ER, hospitals, a brief stint in Namibia. After a time brewing beer I am now thinking of getting into the coffee business.

Can't believe it was 2004 I registered. I have misplaced on Facebook, can try hitting him up there?

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur

[This message has been edited by Lord Ahm (edited 02-12-2018 @ 01:15 PM).]

Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 13 February 2018 10:25 EDT (US)     50 / 69       
Lord Ahm! Nice to see you! You were/are one of my favourite forummers. I remember you getting the "Most Underrated" award.

Cool things you've been doing - I don't know anything about Namibia but my appreciation for Africa has skyrocketed since I took an advanced history course on it in my last year of university. I'd like to visit sometime - perhaps Botswana.

Do you still play games? I'm playing Skyrim from time to time, as well as Age of Empires II HD on Steam, and I pick up RTW here and there. I did a Gaul campaign only a few months ago.

It'd be great if you can get Misplaced and whoever else you have to come back and post.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames