You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Website Comments & Announcements
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.220 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Website Comments & Announcements » Site Content Suggestions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Site Content Suggestions
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
Adder
Fallen Angel
(id: The Adder)
posted 08 April 2005 11:30 EDT (US)         
While we're working on a number of things at the moment it'd be great to hear your suggestions in regard to content on the site. Afterall, we cater to you guys. If you have suggestions regarding new sections or possible content let us know in this thread and we'll see what we can do.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
AuthorReplies:
Alias Alive
Banned
posted 26 May 2007 04:08 EDT (US)     151 / 220       
Way to break away from the norm.
Lasha
Legionary
posted 27 May 2007 12:18 EDT (US)     152 / 220       
Loving the new format to the forums I also notice that when you go into the forums from the main medieval 2 site, you are only presented with relevant forums - its bril

■L■■A■■S■■H■■A■

[This message has been edited by MyArse (edited 20-08-2009 @ 19:50 PM).]
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 27 May 2007 16:01 EDT (US)     153 / 220       
Why is 'confirm log off' better? Ive not seen it on any other forum. A consequence of having to do it here is accidentally remaining logged on. Many a time Ive come back on site to find I am logged on. I dont know about forum security but being logged on and absent doesnt sound good.
The reason is (as far as I know) that people would disguise links to the logout page, and people would click them and be logged out. That is why it's against the CoC to post a link to the logout page, regardless of purpose.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
Severous
Legionary
posted 27 May 2007 17:15 EDT (US)     154 / 220       
The hassle of having to 'log out confirm' is here and now. False log out links...never even heard of such a thing let alone seen it.

The new forum layout.
- Wont look in technical help forum now its away from the RTW section. Mixed up with other games I dont have it losses its appeal.
- Can something be done to close out the gaps between the forums? Moderator names take multiple lines so space out the forum names. Makes the main forum page less inviting than it used to be.

Sev
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 27 May 2007 22:09 EDT (US)     155 / 220       
False log out links...never even heard of such a thing let alone seen it.
There were a lot of them a while ago, which got really annoying.
- Wont look in technical help forum now its away from the RTW section. Mixed up with other games I dont have it losses its appeal.
The tech help section wasn't in the RTW section as it was. The reason it was moved was that there were far too many tech help queries going in the M2TW gameplay forum.
- Can something be done to close out the gaps between the forums? Moderator names take multiple lines so space out the forum names. Makes the main forum page less inviting than it used to be.
It depends on your screen resolution. I would try to reduce the space taken up by the "last post" column, but I think it's hard-coded into the forum

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 31 May 2007 12:03 EDT (US)     156 / 220       
I emailed Zen. Thanks Yak.

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Zen
Ghost
(id: Angel Zen)
posted 31 May 2007 13:01 EDT (US)     157 / 220       
Logout Confirmation:
It's needed because with the old system you would be automatically logged out by viewing an image that has the logout URL, posted by anyone. If it's a hassle I'll look into other ways of preventing that from happening, although it wouldn't be until 1 or 2 major patches later (see next item).

Email notifications:
Thanks for the feedback on this; we're are currently focusing on adding the most asked-for features on the forums right now (Private Messages, search engine); once those features are implemented we'll see what can be done about notifications.

-Zen

Zen
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 31 May 2007 13:12 EDT (US)     158 / 220       
Thank you Zen

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 05 June 2007 14:54 EDT (US)     159 / 220       
Why is Shogun and MTW under Future and Past CA games, when Kingdoms isn't?

house won this
D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 05 June 2007 15:02 EDT (US)     160 / 220       
Because Kingdoms is an expansion pack, not a game in its own right.

On a previous issue - I don't actually see why we need the moderators to be shown anywhere except the top of the page.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.

[This message has been edited by D Furius Venator (edited 06-05-2007 @ 03:04 PM).]

Redneck93
Legionary
posted 05 June 2007 16:24 EDT (US)     161 / 220       
You need to add a page with all the moderator and staff email addresses.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.
---------------------------------------------
Ugly can be fixed
But stupidity is forever
------------------------------------
If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it put this in your signature.
Selifator
Legionary
posted 05 June 2007 16:54 EDT (US)     162 / 220       
If you ask a seraph or angel, they probably can help you aswell.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 05 June 2007 17:04 EDT (US)     163 / 220       
@ Redneck: Have you actually explored the main site?
http://rtw.heavengames.com/about/staff/index.shtml
It does need updating however.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05 June 2007 18:56 EDT (US)     164 / 220       
If you look at the top right of the screen on any forum, all the moderator's names are links to their Email address. Alternatively, just look in a moderator's profile.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Jax
HG Monument
posted 05 June 2007 20:05 EDT (US)     165 / 220       
It does need updating however.
It'd take about 2 minutes to do that in Zope, but I speak from experience when I say it's all the small things that get pushed under when you're busy.

house won this
Jax
HG Monument
posted 07 June 2007 03:08 EDT (US)     166 / 220       
And I know it's been there for a while, but excellent move getting M2TW.heavengames set up.

EDIT: And get Post Counts turned on, ye curs!

house won this

[This message has been edited by Jax (edited 06-07-2007 @ 03:34 AM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 07 June 2007 08:47 EDT (US)     167 / 220       
EDIT: And get Post Counts turned on, ye curs!
I'm not sure that we will to be honest. Does it serve a positive purpose? What good reasons are there for turning it on?
Discuss.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Cordyceps
Naphal
(id: ArchDruid)
posted 07 June 2007 09:41 EDT (US)     168 / 220       
I'm not sure that we will to be honest. Does it serve a positive purpose? What good reasons are there for turning it on?
Discuss.
(I) It serves no negative purpose.
(II) It's in demand.
(III) How to check post count is one of the most frequent things that has to be explained to new members.
(IV) It provides a certain amount of consistency between HG sites, rather than making TWH look primitive by comparison.

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
Jax
HG Monument
posted 07 June 2007 13:38 EDT (US)     169 / 220       
ArchDruid pretty much summed it up. While their may be now super-duper shiny bonus from having it on, their is no reason not too.

And I know their is generally a hoo-hah about HGs forums actually being better than newer ones like Invision, but it's still a point that basically every other forum in the World has visible post-counts.

house won this
Selifator
Legionary
posted 07 June 2007 15:19 EDT (US)     170 / 220       
I don't know how to view my post counts and I really don't care. If there is an easier way that doesn't take too much trouble then you could do so.
The forums are good enough without it.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Jax
HG Monument
posted 08 June 2007 11:10 EDT (US)     171 / 220       
In saying "the forums are good enough without" you miss the point. It's not like a massive extra bit of content, they just have to turn it on, and their is no reason not to.

house won this
Severous
Legionary
posted 09 June 2007 18:42 EDT (US)     172 / 220       
When a thread has been archived is there no way to bring it back..to add new posts?

How long is it before a thread is archived?
D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 10 June 2007 08:59 EDT (US)     173 / 220       
If you really think there is a need for an expired thread to be reopened, mail a moderator with your reasons.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10 June 2007 10:10 EDT (US)     174 / 220       
How long is it before a thread is archived?
Truth be told I'm not 100% sure but I'll find out for you or Crazed/Yak will post here first.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10 June 2007 16:09 EDT (US)     175 / 220       
Any moderator or administrator can post in an expired thread and bring it back.

We can set up each forum separately, but we have threads set to expire at 60 days from the last activity at TWH.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames