You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Website Comments & Announcements
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.220 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Website Comments & Announcements » Site Content Suggestions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Site Content Suggestions
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
Adder
Fallen Angel
(id: The Adder)
posted 08 April 2005 11:30 EDT (US)         
While we're working on a number of things at the moment it'd be great to hear your suggestions in regard to content on the site. Afterall, we cater to you guys. If you have suggestions regarding new sections or possible content let us know in this thread and we'll see what we can do.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
AuthorReplies:
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 20 June 2007 02:53 EDT (US)     176 / 220       
If EoJ and SS are going to take an active part in moderating The Bathsm is their any reason why they haven't shown up in the "Moderated by" panel? I always think that if someone is moderating a forum on a day to day basis (ie. not working as a stop-gap in a dire situation like an FMT member might have to) it's nce to have them up their.

Saying that, I realise it might look a little silly to have 6 peoples names on the moderated by panel.

house won this
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 June 2007 05:05 EDT (US)     177 / 220       
It's a rough place. All available hands are needed on the deck

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Thomas Becket
Banned
posted 22 June 2007 19:15 EDT (US)     178 / 220       
Can I suggest making the 'Total War Heaven' link go to M2twh direct, or to a page that'll have links to both?
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 June 2007 19:35 EDT (US)     179 / 220       
The forum is set up for RTWH and M2TWH is shoehorned into it. Basically, it means that the homepage is the bit you get when you take the forum section out of the URL (ie. RTWH homepage - at least that's how I understand it). Unless there's a major re-coding of the forums, I don't think that's possible, although I agree that it would be useful to have links to both heavens there.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Redneck93
Legionary
posted 13 July 2007 18:51 EDT (US)     180 / 220       
Can you stick post/thread counts on people's ID page?

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.
---------------------------------------------
Ugly can be fixed
But stupidity is forever
------------------------------------
If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it put this in your signature.
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 14 July 2007 00:35 EDT (US)     181 / 220       
Hey Redneck, how goes it? You can view this information here
http://heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=sp&un=Redneck93
But if you're asking for it to be displayed on the RTW forum profile, then I can't help ya

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Cordyceps
Naphal
(id: ArchDruid)
posted 14 July 2007 01:40 EDT (US)     182 / 220       
Always nice to see that no matter how many people ask and how many arguments are presented, even simple requests can be safely ignored by those with the ability to grant them...

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
Redneck93
Legionary
posted 16 July 2007 19:43 EDT (US)     183 / 220       
From the CoC: You may not publicly complain about or demand a reason for another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email between the person concerned and the moderators

If you have a question like this, this forum is most definitely not the place for it - Gaius Colinius

Ugly can be fixed
But stupidity is forever

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 07-18-2007 @ 09:58 AM).]

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 July 2007 09:50 EDT (US)     184 / 220       
Can you stick post/thread counts on people's ID page?
We could theoretically post postcounts, but we have yet to hear a good reason to do it and it encourages spamming. The forum software doesn't count threads to my knowledge.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Cordyceps
Naphal
posted 20 July 2007 20:15 EDT (US)     185 / 220       
...we have yet to hear a good reason to do it
(I) It's in demand. Acquiescing on such a simple matter would certainly demonstrate that you are indeed listening to your users, which can only improve the atmosphere of the forums.
(II) There's no reason not to - being able to check post count via other HG sites basically means it's little more than an inconvenience and has no impact on spam.
(III) It's an inconsistency between Heavens on what's supposed to be an organized gaming website.
(IV) Every new user asks about it eventually, and it being enabled would save the rest of us the time it takes to explain.

That's 4 reasons, 3 of which are solid, and all of which have been pointed out before. Refusing to enable it at this point is really just refusing for the sake of refusing, and doesn't exactly inspire confidence that the lines of communication between users and staff are open.

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
Redneck93
Legionary
posted 21 July 2007 00:36 EDT (US)     186 / 220       
The user "reply" page could be improved. I'm a member of a website that has a row of buttons on the side of the window. You just click a certain one, and it places quote lines,whispers,image tags,etc. It would speed up posting if implemeneted on HG, and would spare mods from having to educate every newbie on how to operate the system.

Ugly can be fixed
But stupidity is forever
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 July 2007 12:05 EDT (US)     187 / 220       
You can enable such buttons from your preferences screen in your account if you use MS Explorer. This is on the same screen as the one where you change the number of posts per page, etc.

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 22 July 2007 12:20 EDT (US)     188 / 220       
When will it be enabled for Firefox?

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 28 July 2007 07:14 EDT (US)     189 / 220       
I notice the total war heaven link now goes to M2TWH. Yay.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 29 July 2007 16:48 EDT (US)     190 / 220       
Yeah. Crazed was working on that Friday evening. Apologies to anybody who wondered what on earth was up with the forums at the time.

-Love Gaius

Cordyceps
Naphal
posted 27 August 2007 20:32 EDT (US)     191 / 220       
Is there a possibility that hyperlinks can be made into colors which won't blend in with the post backgrounds? It's particularly bad in topic posts.

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 24 September 2007 11:01 EDT (US)     192 / 220       
I was looking at the mod portal today and I noticed that it has quite a few errors or outdated information.

On the RTR page, there is a link to download version 5.4, which is quite old. Version 6.0 is the latest version. The link to the site is outdated, the site's address is http://totalrealism.net.

Many mods also aren't present on the portal. XGM, Roma Surrectum and SPQR-TW, pop into my mind.

The Historic Battles page link to the mod's site is no longer avaliable. And the mod could be considered a little outdated.

The Europa Barbarorum page has a mistake in the first paragraph, the sentence "They to take this game and make it what it should have been.�" should be removed. Maybe it is a good idea to add a link to www.europabarbarorum.com.

I don't mean to sound harsh, these are just things that I noticed and thought I'd report them.

EDIT: I've found another bit of outdated information: http://rtw.heavengames.com/about/staff/index.shtml

Hussarknight

[This message has been edited by Hussarknight (edited 09-28-2007 @ 01:07 PM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01 October 2007 18:40 EDT (US)     193 / 220       
Suggestions are always welcome Hussarknight.
We plan to amend the RTWH mod portal once the M2TWH one is in place. Watch this space

-Love Gaius

Rodrigo de Vivar
Legionary
posted 13 November 2007 20:02 EDT (US)     194 / 220       
I was reading the new guide on the apaches. Everything was useful, except for the starting position's map. Could it be revised to show the entire America's campaign map, like the other Kingdom's guides?
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 14 November 2007 06:45 EDT (US)     195 / 220       
Hi Rodrigo de Vivar
Welcome to the forums and I'm glad to hear that you found the guide useful. I used the same map that is in the game. If you start up a new campaign, you'll see the exact same map on the campaign selection screen.

That said, the map could be a bit better. I'll have a look through the game files and see if I can find anything better.

-Love Gaius

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 15 December 2007 10:21 EDT (US)     196 / 220       
Two things I noticed about then news:

"The Fourth Age Total War 2.5 Patch Released!"has been newsied twice, with identical text.

"New Job openings at HeavenGames" has two issues:
Possible access to game alphas/betas. The current job openings are:
That is on one line, while it should be on two separate lines.
HG Main News Editor Head to the the help wanted page for detailed job descriptions and please contact the CEO at socvazius@heavengames.com if you're interested in any of these positions!
Same as above.

Hussarknight
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 15 December 2007 10:59 EDT (US)     197 / 220       
Tyrith
Legionary
posted 18 December 2007 11:34 EDT (US)     198 / 220       
RATE TOONS
-------------
I hope you read this soon. I have another idea. Because there were added a lot of new toons lately, I had to think about this:

We can already rate custom battles, battles videos and mods. But why isn't this possible when looking at toons? I think beging able to rate for toons would increase the fun. You should also be able to sort the posts from high rating to low rating. Then you will be able to watch only the good ones.
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 19 December 2007 07:21 EDT (US)     199 / 220       
We use outsourced gallery software that doesn't support ratings. We used to allow comments, but we can't link it to the forum, so we had problems with people pretending to be each other to get each other in trouble.

You can already sort by rating. Just click the rating title in the table.

[This message has been edited by yakcamkir (edited 12-19-2007 @ 07:22 AM).]

Tyrith
Legionary
posted 19 December 2007 11:34 EDT (US)     200 / 220       
> You can already sort by rating. Just click the rating title in the table.

> I see it now. Good to know that ;-)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames